Ducato 3 ltr clutch (1 Viewer)

Sep 11, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Hi all
Has anyone recently had a new clutch fitted to a x250 3 ltre, I noticed a slight slip when I put my foot down in sixth gear only lasted a few seconds and then seemed ok.
Tried to simulate this again and all was well, is this the start of a expensive job
Or is this a normal on this model. Thank in advance for help you might have

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
sorry but its bad news:cry:

the clutch on the 3.0l is not the best engineered part of the van and it sounds like the first warning signs are there for yours

changing the clutch takes 11 hours and expect to budget between £1000 and £1600. I recently paid £1200 at an independent garage but a fiat dealer quoted £1600 so its worth shopping round. Not all garages will be prepared to even take on the job as apparently its a right pain to get at. most of the 11 hours seems to be stripping other parts off to get to the clutch then reassembling

good luck with getting it sorted. best done before it fails completely leaving you stuck whilst away from home. at least locally you will get to choose the garage that does the job for you

rolandrat

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
It would be interesting to know what mileage your 3 ltr has done.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
mine was 22,000, but have been told others have failed around 15,000 miles. could be expensive if you do a lot of miles each year:cry:

OP
OP
Zajacp
Sep 11, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Just covered 44,000 so sounds pretty good for this model,only just started to slip, just had a estimate £ 1208.00 in vat. Fiat have told me its a engine and gear box out of the van job so allow a 11hrs plus parts. This is for a 3 piece clutch with slave cylinder and mass flywheel.
Booked in for next week.

dave2222001

Free Member
Jun 29, 2013
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Ime a Newbie
Just got same problem having it fixed in France just over £1000 for the job (I was storing it down there anyway) 19000miles. There is a lot of Info on gearbox clutch issues on these units (mines an Arto N+B) seems Fiat have given up trying to improve stuff they Don't reverse up hills (gear to high) and are crap on wet grass and loose ground in any gear. Not so good I me going to drive as If I had a caravan on the Back and was useless at reversing. Hopefully last longer that way Otherwise its excellent though the problems are not small ones the jerking can wreck the gearbox as well. You can reverse on nice even ground with a good surface.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Zajacp
Sep 11, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Thanks to every one for your help, I have been told by the garage that it might be a case of just the clutch being replaced,they have checked the fly wheel and have said it doesn't need changing .any thoughts.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
When I had mine 5 years ago the clutch went after 200 miles total and made Sally Traffics report on Steve Wright's show! After that everything about it was a disaster.Something went wrong on every trip,pity it was a nice conversion shame about the base. FIAT Customer Care Pah a pox on their house!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back