Ducato 2.3 E6 2017 EGR pipe recall (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
NPlusM
Mar 3, 2017
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Weinberg Carloft
Exp
Getting the hang of it from 2017
Chased my part today from FG Barnes Guildford, same story as Diggerdi waiting for part to arrive, said they had a few to do.

May 21, 2014
Llywel Brecon
Funster No
MH
Rapido M96
Exp
Since May 2014
Hi
The process can be quite prolonged, as in my case, as it has not yet been sorted.
First visit to Fiat two weeks ago to check pipe, informed that overtightened bracket identified but pipe not split, so replacement pipe ordered. Time for check up to 1 hour.
Visited Fiat this week for pipe replacement. Telephone call couple of hours later from Fiat dealer, please pick up vehicle. Pipe removed and EGR valve damaged as well as cooler. Photos taken for Fiat rep to see before issuing order for parts from Italy. Backlog on parts but expecting delivery on 2 Feb or 8 Feb then send to UK. Then book in for work to be done, up to 5 hours as subframe to be lowered for access to cooler.
When completed this will be 3 visits to Fiat Professional. Two journeys in the car for wife to pick me up resulting in mileage of 588 miles in total. Fiat Italy will not discuss compensation until work completed, keep all receipts for expenses. We will see!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lafant

Free Member
Jan 9, 2013
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
We took our 2017 Hymer to a (fairly) local Fiat Professional dealership, only to be told that according to our chassis number, our van had been done in January. But our van has been safely tucked up in storage all January and certainly hasn’t had the work carried out. It appears that another garage has keyed in the wrong chassis number. They’ll have to correct their mistake on the Fiat database before we can have ours processed. So, we wait to see what happens. A wasted day hanging about, stress, and still not resolved. And we gather there will be a wait for the part. But weren’t they expecting this?

May 21, 2014
Llywel Brecon
Funster No
MH
Rapido M96
Exp
Since May 2014
The problem appears to be the process that Fiat has set up. If the Fiat Professional dealers were given the parts to complete the worst case scenario then it would be one visit, for inspection and repair, a day at most. The Fiat Professional dealers appear to have their hands tied by Fiat. I asked my supplier about the as yet unsold motorhomes and was told that until they were registered they would not be inspected. I also spoke to my Manufacturer and they had been told that Fiat Italy would handle all the recalls. A bigger problem than they first thought?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back