Driving Licences and the Malvern Show 2009 (1 Viewer)

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
My 1998 Coachmen Mirada 300QB has seats and seat belts for 10 people including the driver so maybe I can qualify under that rule.

Kevin and Tricia

:Cool: Our old 1988 Coachmen Classic had 10 seat belts too. But I always hid 8 of them when MOT'ing at VOSA. :thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Does this qualify as more than 10 seats?

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Last edited:

mikamada

Free Member
Apr 12, 2009
Funster No
Does this qualify as more than 10 seats?
Link Removed

John, & Scotjimland - thanxs - you've brought an appreciated reality to this thread... :ROFLMAO:

I am starting to spend tooooo much time on forums as I am developing onions about f all!!! :RollEyes::Blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Groundhog

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Since 2008
E

So, Groundhog, can you give me a potted on what you have and are doing and rough costs would be nice?

LGV licence requirements changed on 10 September and there is now an additional CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence) module to be passed if you want to be a professional Large Goods Vehicle driver. This new legislation also requires that professional LGV drivers receive a minimum of 35 hours training every 5 years in order to keep their licence.

It is now possible to complete the Theory Module, Hazard Perception Module and Practical Driving Test to gain a licence that allows you to drive for leisure but not for hire or reward. An LGV licence gained in this way means there is no need for the CPC module or the ongoing training.

I have done the Theory and Hazard Perception Modules and have a 5 day driving course with a test on day 5 w/c 7 September. I am only going for a Category C Class 2 licence which will allow me to drive any size of rigid vehicle with a maximum trailer weight of 750 kg.

To drive an articulated LGV I would need a Category C Class 1 licence, which is another 5 day course plus another driving test.

To gain Category C Class 2 is approximately £1,000 and the same again for Class 1.

Hope this helps

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back