Drive Shaft Retaining Clip (1 Viewer)

Sep 29, 2007
Wantage, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Motorhoming since 2006, 30 years tent camping in Africa
I've just taken the engine out of my '94 2.5TD Ducato and was surprised that the LHS (offside) drive shaft came out so easily, no retaining clip of any sort.
Mine is the 230 chassis, from around March 1994 to 2002.

How does the shaft stay in normally? It literally "fell out" once I got the engine out (I took the engine out with shafts still in the box as there was no reason to take them out first.

The RHS drive shaft also does not have a retaining clip but is held in place by those two bolts.

OP
OP
RogerIvy
Sep 29, 2007
Wantage, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I saw this old post of mine while searching for something else. As you can see I never received an answer. I had also contacted some other folks (including Dave) but didn’t receive an answer from anyone.

So …. I simply assembled it exactly as it had been before. No retaining clip/ring. Did A long trip through Ireland and up to Scotland - no problems.

Just adding this in case it’s useful to someone at some stage.

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Was there a groove around the splined shaft that looked like it should have the retaining snap ring in it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
RogerIvy
Sep 29, 2007
Wantage, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Was there a groove around the splined shaft that looked like it should have the retaining snap ring in it?
Yes. It looked like it should or could be there. My concern was that when the original shaft came out that something stayed behind in the box. Seems to have not been the case.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back