Nov 14, 2020
S.Yorks
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SP
Exp
20 yr
Hi Folks,

There's lots of drain talk at this time of year . . . . .

What I already did was open the grey waste tank tap (it drained)
and take the sink plug thingie from the plughole in the bottom of the fresh water tank (it drained)
Then opened all the taps on both hot & cold sides.

I also had a play with the blue Truma auto valve thing, but couldn't tell if it was open or closed !

Other posts have mentioned draining the boiler, but I've never used it, so don't know where it is. My last van had a tap screwed to the floor, which was open when upright, but that van was not as technically sophisticated as this one.

I now have a Burstner Travelvan T620 on 2008 Ducato 130mj

Is anyone familiar, or can indicate how many additional taps or drain devices that will need attention ?

And possibly/hopefully locations of taps etc from any other Travelvan owners

Fanx

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Unscrew and disconnect the shower hose and make sure you drain any mixer taps on hot and cold.

I missed this one year and cost me a split mixer unit.

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Other posts have mentioned draining the boiler, but I've never used it, so don't know where it is
If the water comes out of the hot tap, even if it's cold, it has come through the hot water pipes, and through the water heater. So the water heater tank will be full of water, even if you've never heated it up.

I'm not sure about the blue Truma drain valve either, but I'm sure others will know. It's important, but also very easy when you know how.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Marauder
Nov 14, 2020
S.Yorks
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SP
Exp
20 yr
Ok Thanks

I realised: the water heater must be part of the Truma unit, and accessed via the garage area. The autodrain unit is right next to it in same compartment.

So can I assume that the autodrain has released any water from the water heater, or are there more checks I should be making ?

I've never been sure which way the taps turn for hot/cold. Does it mean its cold when turned in blue direction? or cold when the blue bit is facing towards me . . . . .

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
I've never been sure which way the taps turn for hot/cold. Does it mean its cold when turned in blue direction? or cold when the blue bit is facing towards me . . . . .
Same here, but when you refill the system, the cold water comes through quickly, the hot water has to fill the heater tank first, so it takes a minute or so.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back