Download Festival 2023 (1 Viewer)

Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
Off to Downlood Festival at Donnington Park from Scotland next week with my son (his 30th birthday present) and one off my bucket list.
Anyone going or been before?
Been to lots of festivals just not this big, my lads been twice before but tented it but no way I was doing that so had to sell a kidney for a Campervan ticket.
Any tips welcome... šŸ¤ŸšŸ¤Ÿ
Kenny.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2015
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
July 2015 plus 20 years of camping
I'd love to go at some point in the future as I'm a big Rock and Metal fan. Would love to hear your experiences, particularly of the camping area and suitibility for large vans.

OP
OP
dosser
Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
Will let you know mate had to get a campervan plus basic ticket 8x7m they say real toilets and showers šŸ˜€. Normal campervan ticket 9x7 these were sold out but were cheaper.
Our van is 6.5m should be room for the awning on the side šŸ¤Ÿ

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 17, 2015
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
You should be in for a great time. Some great bands on the bill. Never seen Metallica live. That would be epic!

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Never been to Download šŸ¤” Too heavy!!
Though some of the line-up will also be at 2000 Trees. Also a festival that the line up is too heavy for me - so I'm volunteering and hopefully can see the other 25% of the lineup. :rofl: That worked well last year.
Also volunteering at Greenman later.

I'll be a regular punter at Sign Of The Time & Truck Festival. Those are motorhome stay overs (where the volunteering is tent based).

I usually look at the Reading Festival lineup as it's my local one. Not off this year...

OP
OP
dosser
Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
So many festivals now there's something for everyone. We usually do Belladrum in Inverness every year and this year doing The Long Road country festival as well think that's in Leicestershire.
Enjoy. šŸ­

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
No Glastonbury tickets for us this year(šŸ˜±šŸ˜±šŸ˜±) so yes we are going for first time , Sarah has been before for day. We also had to get campervan plus as no other tickets left. Ticket sales/ feedback from ticketmaster an utter shambles - never using them again for anything and a Ā£20 admin fee per ticket for imo nothing was infuriating. Camping prices astonishingly high - Glastonbury much cheaper.
going with 2 grandkids daughter and son in law so a squeeze and the awning.
taking nearly all food as apparently expensive,spending time looking at the maps before we go as website confusing.. earplugs for me. Both for music and nearby airport.Wellies a must they donā€™t call it download for nothing!šŸ˜„
volunteering at Timber , truck and arc tangent this year as well. But Glastonbury the core of my heart. See you there rockers šŸ˜Ž

OP
OP
dosser
Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
Got to agree price of van tickets pretty ridiculous always a bit dearer at festivals but this one is crazy. Yes taking food as well get a decent feed before heading into the arena.
There's an app available now gives you all the stage times etc for the weekend pretty informative.
šŸ¤Ÿ

OP
OP
dosser
Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
Well that was a weekend and a half got to say what an experience. Maybe a bit too busy with the extra tickets sold because of the 20th anniversary but music was incredible.
Campsite we were on was Campervan plus no complaints our pitch was the basic about 8x7 camper and event shelter up no bother didn't need electric.
Electric pitches and Campervan plus xl pitches also available some long vans and caravans on them I'd sat about 8m long.
Toilets I the campsite were great constantly cleaned and proper flushing like the aircraft type.
Black waste connect to that system as well so all good.
Showers brilliant warm all the time and again pretty clean.
Also the Campervan plus field was nice and flat as proposed to campervan field was on a slope but looking right into the main area stage.
We walked about 10.mins to get into arena.
Would I go again definitely and would probably pay the extra for plus.
Think camper ticket was 250 plus your weekend tickets and for us without electric was 410 plus weekend tickets.

Go for it...
IMG-20230608-WA0016.jpg
20230607_171410.jpg
20230609_214239.jpg

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
I also enjoyed it and agree the campervan plus experience was good. Only downside was nowhere to easily empty grey waste .
The people attending were really fabā¤ļø- ( unlike many other festivals where the fans seem to go just to get drunk/ be obnoxious and are very self centred) we chatted to loads of people , grandkids made almost Ā£40 collecting and returning paper cups and once they started collecting people were running up adding cups to their stash ā¤ļø
the ordinary camper field was on a massive slope thank goodness it was not available when we booked.

Jun 17, 2015
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Looks fab and of course it helped that you had fantastic weather :) Defintely on my bucket list.

OP
OP
dosser
Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
Totally agree I just left my drain open to soak into the grass it's only water and was crazy hot so wouldn't cause any issues...
I'm broken today got home at 4 this morning back to Scotland.
šŸ¤Ÿ

OP
OP
dosser
Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
Looks fab and of course it helped that you had fantastic weather :) Defintely on my bucket list.
Haha always good if you get a festival dry. Can't imagine what it would have been like with the numbers that were there and rain...

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Oh! ā€˜Forgot the thread was specific to Download Festival šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

And now Iā€™ve a pic of our Motorhome & Mrskevenh at the main live-in vehicle area at Sign Of The Times Festival, Little Hadham.

Pffft. Iā€™ll post it here anyway. Be nice šŸ¤Ŗ
IMG_7248.jpeg

Jun 17, 2015
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Oh! ā€˜Forgot the thread was specific to Download Festival šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

And now Iā€™ve a pic of our Motorhome & Mrskevenh at the main live-in vehicle area at Sign Of The Times Festival, Little Hadham.

Pffft. Iā€™ll post it here anyway. Be nice šŸ¤Ŗ
View attachment 770518
It's not quite metal enough. šŸ˜ But I've seen the levellers live before and theyre a cracking band. I'm sure you will have a great time. šŸ‘

Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Caravanner 40 years. Motorhome 8
Our son was here and sent this pic. Evidently he was in something called ā€œthe pitā€. I did think this was a good pic.
IMG_1808.jpeg

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
Got to agree price of van tickets pretty ridiculous always a bit dearer at festivals but this one is crazy. Yes taking food as well get a decent feed before heading into the arena.
There's an app available now gives you all the stage times etc for the weekend pretty informative.
šŸ¤Ÿ
Have you seen next years prices for a campervan. Insane.
Also what is the difference between the 3 plus categories and the price variation is significant too

OP
OP
dosser
Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
Have you seen next years prices for a campervan. Insane.
Also what is the difference between the 3 plus categories and the price variation is significant too
Yeah mental the price of it. Couldn't get campervan tickets for this year so had to get plus.
We had basic which is no electric 8x7 pitch. Standard 8x7 with electric and xl which I think was 9x7 with electric.
Can't fault the showers or toilets in plus always clean and showers hot.
Field flat and 10 min walk to arena.
Think I paid about Ā£410 for my camper ticket. All in 2 entry and camper about Ā£1000.
Be honest it was worth every penny...

Last edited:

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
Yeah mental the price of it. Couldn't get campervan tickets for this year so had to get plus.
We had basic which is no electric 8x7 pitch. Standard 8x7 with electric and xl which I think was 9x7 with electric.
Can't fault the showers or toilets in plus always clean and showers hot.
Field flat and 10 min walk to arena.
Think I paid about Ā£410 for my camper ticket. All in 2 entry and camper about Ā£1000.
Be honest it was worth every penny...
Checked out 24 proces
Basic Ā£430
Std Ā£530
XL Ā£580

Had them for last year and Ā£495 only the one choice.

A great money maker for them.

They are doing a camping and campervan ticket but not available yet so imagine holding back till the individual ones are sold.

OP
OP
dosser
Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
Checked out 24 proces
Basic Ā£430
Std Ā£530
XL Ā£580

Had them for last year and Ā£495 only the one choice.

A great money maker for them.

They are doing a camping and campervan ticket but not available yet so imagine holding back till the individual ones are sold.
Early bird was on sale last Monday but sold out. More will become on sale. Most expensive festival I've been to by far, not condoning the prices but the sheer amount of acts playing and big names. I loved it.
Would I do it every year not sure, but certainly got the bug.
The range of people from all walks of life no judgment, found it fantastic.
Not one for the stiff collared conservatives very inclusive. ā¤ļø

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back