Rally Dorset Coastal Campsite Meet At Highlands End & Jurassic Fields Festival 9 - 13 July 2020 (3 Viewers)

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Wombles and all, very sorry to say we will not be there:cautious:. I collected the van from storage yesterday and the engine management light was on, it has been put on a diagnostic machine and I have been told it needs a forced regeneration and oil &filter change. Unfortunately the garage that did the diagnostics, wasn't able to do the work as their test kit would not force the system into the regeneration process. Have now booked it into a Fiat commercial main dealer but they cannot do the work until next week. I have phoned Highlands End and they have issue a credit note for us to go later in the year. Apparently, due to many vehicles being idle for several months during lockdown, and very few long journeys to initiate auto regeneration, this is a problem a lot of vehicles are suffering.

Hope all those on the meet have a great time, and perhaps see you there next year!
Sorry to hear that bruvver. We managed 150+ miles to get to Stratford in the rain yesterday, so hopefully any regen issues are resolved.

CalamitySpain

Funster
Jul 16, 2018
Funster No
85D34A20-D8EE-4403-9BCB-12EB55CC00CB.jpeg

Beautiful morning with the usual breeze

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Hi I am on gravel pitch 84 if any one wants to say hello (beware of the dog 😊)
Les

I can see you, so you need to be on your best behaviour 🤣 I will wander along later, when I have finished my cup of tea, to say hello. Keith

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Useful Funster alert. The end tip of the exhaust had rotted through and instead of the gases being directed downwards they went straight and melted a hole in the underfloor locker! Holts gun gum, an empty pea tin, some wire and the excellEnt services of Nev shunter and I have a temporary fix. Cheers Nev, I owe you one:drinks:

CA98E75A-EDED-4429-99A2-8768A09389E2.jpeg

Nov 12, 2019
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Happy the weather has turned nice today, and sad that we are leaving tomorrow. Enjoyed the walk in to West Bay and Fish & Chips at Rachels. It's been great to talk to all the Funsters we have met, such a friendly bunch welcoming us newbies. Looking forward to meeting more Funsters on our adventures.

Dave & Becky.
IMG_3437.JPG

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Happy the weather has turned nice today, and sad that we are leaving tomorrow. Enjoyed the walk in to West Bay and Fish & Chips at Rachels. It's been great to talk to all the Funsters we have met, such a friendly bunch welcoming us newbies. Looking forward to meeting more Funsters on our adventures.

Dave & Becky.View attachment 406019
Great to see you... looking forward to next time

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now

Thank you for that sunny view (y) Some yummy food from Rachels is definitely on our wish list when there & love the Baboo ice cream (we had a loyalty card :blusher: ) if we can dodge the West Bay seagulls!
Glad you experienced some Funster friendliness - there's always someone to have a chat to on meets & rallies. If you didn't do the walk in the other direction to Eype beach & Golden Cap too then maybe join us all next year to do it then?

Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016

It was good to meet you too. Nice to see you are off the mark on your posts now. Enjoy your future travels (y)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
112 has gone but 115 is just about to be vacated.
Are you curtain twitching down there John? :rofl:

seriously, thanks for putting the information up. I can’t move as the pitches are too small for me (this corner pitch is massive) but really useful for someone (y)(y)

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Now on 156 opposite my old pitch. I know my neighbour would have missed me if she wasn’t paying the price for last night. A minion lover has a lot to answer for :lipssealed:

Thought I’d face the other way for the afternoon sun. Downside of that is I’m already bright red :sun: For the sake of 20 yards it seems a lot windier.

Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016
Are you curtain twitching down there John? :rofl:

seriously, thanks for putting the information up. I can’t move as the pitches are too small for me (this corner pitch is massive) but really useful for someone (y)(y)
:LOL: We were chatting to the couple next to us, they were having to move to a hard standing pitch as they weren't able to get a gravel one for their last two nights.
They do go quick in the Highlands End morning shuffle! The pitches with the best views aren't the biggest but never empty for long.
A number of people we have spoken to have managed to get in this area for the first time in a number of stays!

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hope you are all having a lovely time - please post some photos if you can 📷

DuxDeluxe - David **** Arrived 2020 **** pitch 16
Les - Les (gravel pitch) **** Arrived 2020 **** pitch 84
Andychad12343 - Andy **** Arrived 2020 **** pitch 38
swiftsteve - Steve & Jan (hardstanding) **** Arrived 2020 **** pitch 61
Nanniemate (grass pitch) **** Arrived 2020 **** pitch 155
Jasz - John & Sharon (gravel pitch) **** Arrived 2020 **** pitch 114
davejo24 - Eva & Dave **** Arrived 2020 **** pitch 118
DaveBUK - Dave & Becky **** Arrived 2020 **** pitch 105
h1ghway1 - Pat **** Arrived 2020 **** pitch 125
Kannon Fodda - Rob (grass pitch) **** Arrived 2020 **** pitch 156
Hastingsranger - Mal & Ian (grass pitch) **** Arrived 2020 **** pitch 150
WellWornTraveller - Bernie & Christine **** Arrived 2020 **** pitch 78
Stretto Boy - Keith (gravel pitch) **** Arrived 2020 **** near DuxDeluxe!
Shunter - Nev & Sandra (grass pitch) **** Arrived 2020 **** pitch 176
David and Sally - David & Sally (gravel pitch) **** Arrived 2020 **** pitch 95
Kev and Ju (gravel pitch) **** Arrived 2020 **** pitch 96
Dorwyn - Geoff & Carol (gravel pitch) **** Arrived 2020 **** pitch 79

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I moved to the next pitch this morning, 125, clear view..in estate agents speak..."single plot with a view of shared beaches and swimming area " :LOL:
Fab pitch - not a big move but very successful shuffling! (y) :smiley:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back