Door Shelves (1 Viewer)

Jun 10, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1978
In my Burstner there's a Dometic RML 9435 fridge freezer fitted, which has the most flimsy door shelves that I've ever seen. The first one broke at the end of last year and, fortunately I was able to repair it. The second broke last week and there is no way it can be repaired. Ok, I've done some research and I can buy replacements for less than £30 each but I expect they'll be exactly the same as the originals and break soon after being fitted. So, my question is, has anyone managed to find any better, longer lasting alternative

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I think this is the lower one. They are made of stupid clear plastic which is much more brittle than the solid white ones. We've got stupid clear plastic shelves in our fridge freezer main compartment and I'm wondering how long they are gonna last.

1590391908743.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If you can measure them you may be able to find some white plastic (stronger) ones from another, earlier, model that will fit.

OP
OP
J
Jun 10, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1978
Thanks, yes it looks like the ones I have, I think the door can take 3. I have trawled various sites online but there are so many and many of them don't provide measurements. I was rather hoping someone might have already found an alternative

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
When mine broke I got some 4mm plastic, cut to shape, bent them with a heater, and superglued them on. Did the job.
Cheers, Dave(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J
Jun 10, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1978
Yes, the one I repaired I stuck with superglue and reinforced the break with plastic from an old Tupperware container. Its still holding up. Unfortunately the second one has broken in too many parts and in areas that can't be reinforced. Thinking now about investigating 3D printers but might work out more expensive that a new one.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back