Door deadbolt (1 Viewer)

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
I recently bought a deadbolt for the habitation door on Rocky.
After it arrived I looked at it and the instructions and thought "oh now I have to drill holes in my toy!!!" So out I went and drew in a deep breath, lined up the template onto the door and made my marks. Drilled the required holes with much trepidation and fitted the barrel and lock assembly.
Drilled into the door frame only to find that I was a little out with my measurement :whatthe: so had to make a small adjustment :RollEyes:
Tested the lock and all works well. There was no striker with the lock, it seemed that it relied upon the strength on the door frame to keep the door locked, so I was a bit unhappy with that solution and went hunting in my scrap bits for some steel plate. Found a piece that was about the right size and made the appropriate holes in it, fitted it to the door frame and drilled through and screwed it into place.
I now have a very good lock and a strong plate which the bolt shoots into, so I feel that we are a lot more secure now :Smile:
Another job completed :roflmto:

Keith

OP
OP
TestPoster
Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Jim
I bought an EZSET deadbolt from a nice chap on ebay, he has since signed up on here ::bigsmile:
Phots's, funny you mention those.... Just around the time I stand back and admire my handiwork I always think, "I should have taken loads of pictures of that job" :roflmto: All I can do now is to take a picture of it fitted, and before you ask, NO I am not going to strip it all out just to take some pictures :roflmto::roflmto:

Keith

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back