Free Member
Sep 15, 2018
Sunny isle of axholme
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu I500
Exp
Late 2018
We fancy going to watch BSB at Donington Park end of May and the only camping left is in zone c 7x6 m pitch. Never been on the camp site at Donington and was wondering if any one has been there and if they are quite strict with the size of Motorhomes going onto these pitch’s?
Our van is 7.5m long.
Cheers
Shaun

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
We’ve stayed zone B in a circa 7m van, the pitch size didn’t seem overly generous but it worked ok (apart from having to be towed on/off the pitch by a manitou due to the weather/swamp).

I don’t recall them being strict on vehicle size, there were definitely larger vans than us there.

We’ll be back there in July for WSB in zone A.

Bonkers the Dog

Free Member
Nov 9, 2018
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
2 yrs
Oooo! I just bought family tickets for the Knockhill round. £160 all in for a 8.5m van and a family of four for 4 nights. Good value in my opinion, the kids loved it last year. Here's hoping the weather holds. Its lovely up there when the sun shines but there's nowhere to hide when the wind blows and the rain falls!

OP
OP
Shaun929

Shaun929

Free Member
Sep 15, 2018
Sunny isle of axholme
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu I500
Exp
Late 2018
We’ve stayed zone B in a circa 7m van, the pitch size didn’t seem overly generous but it worked ok (apart from having to be towed on/off the pitch by a manitou due to the weather/swamp).

I don’t recall them being strict on vehicle size, there were definitely larger vans than us there.

We’ll be back there in July for WSB in zone A.
Booked a few weeks ago onto zone A for WSB as well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Cheers for that, booked in with electric.
It's between the main circuit entrance and the Redgate entrance. You get a great view from outside Redgate or walk a bit further round to see the hurtling down Hollywood. I have a video showing me doing 140+ down Hollywood, so God knows what they are doing down there.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back