Done Scarborough, Whitby filey. (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
For the last time :Eeek:
Good to get out in the van, but forgot what it's like motorhomeing in England, why oh why do we do it, more expensive than the tunnel, crowded, no parking, although I will say the park and ride at Whitby is excellent and you get a pound off with your bus pass but if you can imagine that was the high point of the four days you can understand what the rest of it was like.
The weather was ok but south of France it wasnt:(
It's very touch and go wether I will go motorhomeing in England again unless it's something like Blackpool for the lights.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
As good as the site was, why do folks just go somewhere to look at a sea of caravans?
Edit, they just park the caravan ,stick an awning up and sit in it in the middle of another ruck of caravans, go to the club at night ,get loaded up with extortionate ale and then do it all over again the next day :doh: :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
For the last time :Eeek:
Good to get out in the van, but forgot what it's like motorhomeing in England, why oh why do we do it, more expensive than the tunnel, crowded, no parking, although I will say the park and ride at Whitby is excellent and you get a pound off with your bus pass but if you can imagine that was the high point of the four days you can understand what the rest of it was like.
The weather was ok but south of France it wasnt:(
It's very touch and go wether I will go motorhomeing in England again unless it's something like Blackpool for the lights.
I hear you, we were there a few weeks ago and parking was all but impossible in the towns. It gets you out though as you say šŸ‘

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 22, 2020
God's Own County
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H592
Exp
Since 2018
As good as the site was, why do folks just go somewhere to look at a sea of caravans?
Edit, they just park the caravan ,stick an awning up and sit in it in the middle of another ruck of caravans, go to the club at night ,get loaded up with extortionate ale and then do it all over again the next day :doh: :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:
I know what you mean, bamboozles me as well

Just had a long weekend recently, 3 nights on a lovely CL at Bempton, next to the station so got the train to Filey for a day and then Scarborough, did the usual seasidy stuff without having to worry about where to park and could have a couple of pints as I wasn't driving

Before setting off for home drove to Bempton Cliffs RSPB (plenty of space in the car park), had a walk along the cliffs to see what birds we could see and stopped off at Hunmanby Gap (large open field so again plenty of space) for a walk on the beach and a sit in the sun

Very civilised šŸ§

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We did a bit in the UK over the summer 3 Fun rallies and a couple of THS, couldn't face doing anything else in the UK too much hassle, but 'er indoors keeps nagging, she was not very happy with my version of doing the UK.

Only a week to go then we will be heading south for some sunshine, not sure where. France, Spain, Portugal, that's the beauty of going south no planning required just follow the sun.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I know what you mean, bamboozles me as well

Just had a long weekend recently, 3 nights on a lovely CL at Bempton, next to the station so got the train to Filey for a day and then Scarborough, did the usual seasidy stuff without having to worry about where to park and could have a couple of pints as I wasn't driving

Before setting off for home drove to Bempton Cliffs RSPB (plenty of space in the car park), had a walk along the cliffs to see what birds we could see and stopped off at Hunmanby Gap (large open field so again plenty of space) for a walk on the beach and a sit in the sun

Very civilised šŸ§
Yeah must admit the buses are very good, we did Whitby park and ride on the Tuesday, filey in the van on Wednesday, that cost a fiver in car parking , would have been far better on the free bus :doh: , Scarborough on the bus Thursday for free, and back home today.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Well we go to the C&CC site at Scarborough every year, with grandchildren and also either as a couple or I go on my own, have yet to find a clubhouse, donā€™t sit looking at other campers either, however some lovely walks from the site, nice beach, if that is your thing, reasonably priced ale and good food too. Love Filey too again No clubhouse good walks, real ale and sufficient choice for food.
We do love being abroad, would rather be there now, but decided not to go yet. We use aires, no clubhouses, but have found even some of the tiny sites we use have a bar and somewhere to get food, no different to a clubhouse sometimes, music, dancing, fracas And friendship. Each to their own, canā€™t remember when I last went on an ā€˜all singing all dancingā€™ site but might be tempted, with 3 mid to late teens, next year.
there is a bar at the site we are on have been once only us and one other couple in, canā€™t be worth their while opening. Today it is raining, might be tempted but doubt it.
hint this staycation lark is getting a lot of us down.
now where is my SAD lamp think it needs to come out for the rest of the year.
p.s. currently in Newquay Cornwall, the weather at home has been much better.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Just got to get my head round theses tests and stuff, and get under that water, can't take much more England.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well we go to the C&CC site at Scarborough every year, with grandchildren and also either as a couple or I go on my own, have yet to find a clubhouse, donā€™t sit looking at other campers either, however some lovely walks from the site, nice beach, if that is your thing, reasonably priced ale and good food too. Love Filey too again No clubhouse good walks, real ale and sufficient choice for food.
We do love being abroad, would rather be there now, but decided not to go yet. We use aires, no clubhouses, but have found even some of the tiny sites we use have a bar and somewhere to get food, no different to a clubhouse sometimes, music, dancing, fracas And friendship. Each to their own, canā€™t remember when I last went on an ā€˜all singing all dancingā€™ site but might be tempted, with 3 mid to late teens, next year.
there is a bar at the site we are on have been once only us and one other couple in, canā€™t be worth their while opening. Today it is raining, might be tempted but doubt it.
If campsites are ok got to admit the haven sites are good value for young UN's.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Not knocking s/w/f they are as good as anywhere else in England, it's just the sameness and dour people and weather, and litter and crowds and traffic, queued or very slow most of the way home.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Not knocking s/w/f they are as good as anywhere else in England, it's just the sameness and dour people and weather, and litter and crowds and traffic, queued or very slow most of the way home.
We have been looking at the weather in hull (home camera) and it has been so much nicer than here in Cornwall and we have another 8 days to go šŸ˜‚
Newquay town has ben very crowded and Padstow was worse but it was a glorious day. took us 2 days to get here, took it easy, but traffic was nose to tail a lot of the time.
Sad that there is now a lot off litter round Scarborough as it was much better than usual when we were there.
Did you see the article in Practical motorhome about Scarborough, was a bit shocked to se my photo In the group shot.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
4th october no test to return to the UK .From end october no day 2 test either for double jabbed
Hoping when we come out to see you Richard thereā€™s no restrictions or tests. šŸ‘

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
Never done any longer than 3 days on any site, keep moving around, that;s why we brought the MH, our trips now tend to be to a specific location with a sight seeing journey both ways,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back