Dometic RMD fridge freezer (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Good afternoon all.
I have an Adria Coral with a Dometic RMD 8505 fridge freezer.
The mode button wont work.
The fridge is on, but holding the Mode button for 3 seconds wont switch off. Pressing it doesn't do anything. Cant even swap modes. It's set to AES so swaps to 12v when 230 is off.
I read other threads where it says there is a reset button on the rear, but not on mine.
Could anyone suggest a solution before I buy a new control panel please?

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Try taking out the fuse and turning the rcd to off for an hour or overnight to allow it to reset ,then try again. (y) .Sometimes taking out the control panel or drying it gently internally with a hair dryer helps .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP

Deleted User
Try taking out the fuse and turning the rcd to off for an hour or overnight to allow it to reset ,then try again. (y) .Sometimes taking out the control panel or drying it gently internally with a hair dryer helps .
Thanks for that. Cant find the fuse, but have disconnected the battery, so will try in the morningl

Upvote 0
Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Ian.dh If it is any help the fuse for the RMD8505 power module is on the module itself which should be located on the lower back of the fridge which you should be able to get to through the lower vent.

Upvote 0
OP
OP

Deleted User
Thanks for that. Cant find the fuse, but have disconnected the battery, so will try in the morningl
Morning. After being powered down overnight, the fridge came back on as soon as I switched the 12v system back on. Mode button still not working.

Upvote 0
OP
OP

Deleted User
Ian.dh If it is any help the fuse for the RMD8505 power module is on the module itself which should be located on the lower back of the fridge which you should be able to get to through the lower vent.
Thank you. I will take a look. At least I can then switch the fridge off. I am away next weekend with no hook up, so as It wont switch to gas, I need it switched off.

Upvote 0
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Just fixed mine - exactly the same fault. The circuit board on the back of the fridge is covered by a plastic cover, unsealed of course, that has connections to it via edge connectors. The connectors unsurprisingly given the location can become dirty. I cured mine by removing all power to the fridge then removing the circuit board cover (release two button clips by pulling the RHS then push left & lift off). A plastic clip at each end holds the circuit board in place. Lift it towards you then remove, spray the exposed contacts, and replace each connector in turn. I'm on site so had no contact cleaner so that's a job when back home. Use minimal amounts of contact cleaner (not WD40) so as not to attract dust and dirt. Simply removing & replacing each edge connector plug solved the problem.

Upvote 0
Apr 20, 2017
Wirksworth, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2006
Did you by any chance remove the control panel whilst investigating this fault? I want to remove it, but can't work out which of the many screws hold it in place. I don't want to remove a screw that's crucial to another component that I can't see, and have that shift.
Fridge 1.jpg
Fridge 2.jpg

Upvote 0
Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Sandie , If you look in Resources (at the bottom of this page) there is a service manual for your fridge in Manuals for Motorhomes stuff section you can view ( it can be found on page two of that section ) .The removal of the panel is shown on page 33 of the manual and may help.

Upvote 0
Apr 20, 2017
Wirksworth, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2006
Sandie , If you look in Resources (at the bottom of this page) there is a service manual for your fridge in Manuals for Motorhomes stuff section you can view ( it can be found on page two of that section ) .The removal of the panel is shown on page 33 of the manual and may help.
Thanks. I've seen that manual before, but the pictures look nothing like what I have and the descriptions are vague. I will remove the "two screws", which I assume are the ones located in the freezer compartment above the panel, and see what that reveals. Unfortunately, that's easier said than done because the door cannot be opened beyond 90 degrees (the solid back of a seating group prevents it), nor can the door be removed as there's a fixed shelf hiding the hinge screws. This means you can't get a straight screwdriver onto one of the two screws. A design not planned for maintenance!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back