Dometic Fridge Question HELP Needed (1 Viewer)

Jul 20, 2018
Bridport Dorset
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 655
Exp
Trailer tent for 10 years Motorhome since 2018
Hi folks,
When my fridge is on gas it works fine for a while, I can hear it roaring from outside and the temp gets nice and cold. However after about an hour or so the orange gas light on the display starts flashing indicating a gas fault!!! If I switch fridge off or over to auto it fires back up for a period then goes into fault again? Any ideas??

OP
OP
Dave Scadding
Jul 20, 2018
Bridport Dorset
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 655
Exp
Hi thanks, I did that about a month ago when fridge wasn’t firing up at all. I’ll do it again when we get back home, but it does fire up and run for a while which makes me think it’s not blocked?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
if it runs for an hour i would check the pipe feeding the burner for debris it really doesn't take much to blow into the jet and stop it remove the burner assembly and try to light the fridge so gas blows anything out the pipe

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Dave Scadding
Jul 20, 2018
Bridport Dorset
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 655
Exp
Thanks for your replies, however I don't think its a gas feed issue as it re-ignites when switched off then back on.

Upvote 0
Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Try putting your heating on, light all your gas hobs and then see if the fridge stays alight, that should tell you if your regulator is starting to fail ?

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
if it runs for an hour i would check the pipe feeding the burner for debris it really doesn't take much to blow into the jet and stop it remove the burner assembly and try to light the fridge so gas blows anything out the pipe
Making sure he disconnects the sparker!!

Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2015
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 79R
Exp
since 2014
I read with interest this thread as my Domestic RMDT8505 fridge/freezer has very recently started doing exactly the same on gas. About 3 weeks ago we had a new cooling unit complete with new burner, with new jet, and new gas pipe between the burner and twin gas valves. Since then from to time it has failed to ignite but then a few minites later it tries again and ignites. Sometimes even then it does not ignite and then after a time displays the red fail light.
What exact model of fridge does the OP Dave Scadding have?

Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2014
France
Funster No
MH
Pilote G691 LCE
Exp
Since 1974
Sorry but that really is NOT a good idea, hopefully no one will attempt that.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back