Dometic fridge/freezer (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

TilGhil

Free Member
Oct 17, 2021
Funster No
MH
A Class
Last couple of trips out I have had issues Gas won't light from auto selection but will from manual but only run for short time then light flashes. On EHU freezer is working but the fridge doesn't seem to be cooling Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated I have Dometic RM 7605 L model think its the original on my 2004 Frankia. Has anyone replaced theirs if so with what make and model

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The gas could be just the jet, burner & chimney need a good clean or or the flame failure thermocouple also could be the gas valve playing up worse case it's the electronics controlling it.
I would start with a good clean and replace the jet & thermocouple.

The freezer working OK and the fridge not is due to the thermal paste behind the fins drying out. The rubbish Dometic use drys out in 3 to 4 years. A cheap & easy fix replace it with heat sink compound.

This works well, you will need two to three tubes to do both fridge & freezer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

TilGhil

Free Member
Oct 17, 2021
Funster No
MH
A Class
The Dometic RMD10.5T is a direct replacement for your RM7605L if you do need to replace it , www.jacksonsleisure.com show details.
Thank you
The gas could be just the jet, burner & chimney need a good clean or or the flame failure thermocouple also could be the gas valve playing up worse case it's the electronics controlling it.

The freezer working OK and the fridge not is due to the thermal paste behind the fins drying out. The rubbish Dometic use drys out in 3 to 4 years. A cheap & easy fix replace it with heat sink compound.

Thank you

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

TilGhil

Free Member
Oct 17, 2021
Funster No
MH
A Class

Thank you for the advice Hopefully having someone checking it out soon

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I don't know where you are based but if near Shepton Mallet there is a lovely man there that sorted mine out for me.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back