Dometic cassette part (1 Viewer)

Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
Over 6000 miles between 3 March to 26 September 2017.
Not sure if I'm posting in the correct section, but checked and can't find anywhere relevant. I had to fit a new float in our Dometic cassette so while I had it all apart gave everything a good clean. However, when I removed the"adapter with 'o' ring" (the bit where the water comes in for the flush), it was cracked nearly half way round. It's never been out before so suspect it may always have been like that. The problem is I cannot source one anywhere. I have tried super gluing it, but my glue seems to have gone off as it wouldn't stick. Has anyone else had to replace this part and, if so, where did you get one from? IMG_20210626_153425.jpgIMG_20210626_153025.jpgIMG_20210626_153430.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210626_153430.jpg
    IMG_20210626_153430.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 19
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
As far as I can tell, the only supplier is Leisure Spares. They have detailed plans to show the name and part number. First copy the number on the label at the back of the space where the cassette fits. Not only the Model number but also the numbers that are grouped in threes (cannot recall how many but mine began with a 9). If needed I can tell you more later. The part I need, is the one that fits into the part you show. Great news? It is about a cubic 1" square and will cost me £14 delivered, when they have them in stock. Estimated delivery more than 6 weeks.

OP
OP
Diggerdi
Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
rosalan, I have the part number and have checked Leisure Spares, but they don't quote the part number, only their stock number. They say they have one due in "sometime" but I'm wary of ordering it in case it's slightly different. And they're charging £33 + postage 😮.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DJT

Jun 20, 2019
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Now Sold
Exp
Hi Diggrerdi
I have what you are looking for (see photos).If you still need it let me know and I will post it out to you on Monday.
Best Regards
DJT
Not sure if I'm posting in the correct section, but checked and can't find anywhere relevant. I had to fit a new float in our Dometic cassette so while I had it all apart gave everything a good clean. However, when I removed the"adapter with 'o' ring" (the bit where the water comes in for the flush), it was cracked nearly half way round. It's never been out before so suspect it may always have been like that. The problem is I cannot source one anywhere. I have tried super gluing it, but my glue seems to have gone off as it wouldn't stick. Has anyone else had to replace this part and, if so, where did you get one from?View attachment 510421View attachment 510422View attachment 510423
416A4FC5-94C0-4B89-A2DE-4B4BB8C0CC23.jpeg
B6DE05DC-94C2-4693-AFAE-8D952562B7A7.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
If you have managed to worm your way onto the parts list with prices and got past all the code number and have a name for the part, you can be fairly confident it is the correct part. It is actually the vent that removes smells and pressure from the cassette. Just for information that may help as it looks almost identical to mine. My unit is CT4110 with parts no 921 000 722. I need part 66 called an Activator Ventilation and fits into your spring loaded unit. I did not know any of this until the smells origin could not be located until I found the bit that fits into your part was broken off. So it could be that you too had a similar problem.
If you manage to locate the works diagram with parts and prices, there should be no doubt you have the right part. I thought the price of my part was high until I saw what they want you to pay. I only wish I could guide yo to the complete price list which I only found after installing Acrobat on my laptop after Dometic sent me a diagram with their email. Good luck and if I can help further, please ask.
p.s I hate Dometic. Alan

DJT

Jun 20, 2019
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Now Sold
Exp
If you have managed to worm your way onto the parts list with prices and got past all the code number and have a name for the part, you can be fairly confident it is the correct part. It is actually the vent that removes smells and pressure from the cassette. Just for information that may help as it looks almost identical to mine. My unit is CT4110 with parts no 921 000 722. I need part 66 called an Activator Ventilation and fits into your spring loaded unit. I did not know any of this until the smells origin could not be located until I found the bit that fits into your part was broken off. So it could be that you too had a similar problem.
If you manage to locate the works diagram with parts and prices, there should be no doubt you have the right part. I thought the price of my part was high until I saw what they want you to pay. I only wish I could guide yo to the complete price list which I only found after installing Acrobat on my laptop after Dometic sent me a diagram with their email. Good luck and if I can help further, please ask.
p.s I hate Dometic. Alan
Hi rosalan
See post #4

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
DJT if by any chance you have the part that connects to Diggerdi's vent, I would be delighted to pay the going price. Alan

DJT

Jun 20, 2019
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Now Sold
Exp
Hi Alan
Can you let me have a photo or diagram of the part you need and I will have a look in the morning.
Not sure that I will have it but if I do it will be foc.
Best Regards
DJT

Last edited:
OP
OP
Diggerdi
Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
DJT, that is so kind of you. Please let me know how much you want for it + postage. Unfortunately, we are going away early Thursday morning, so I would be willing to pay for next day delivery if you woukd be kind enough to do that. Please PM me how much and you bank details and I will transfer the amount direct. Many many thanks for your kind offer.

OP
OP
Diggerdi
Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
Edited, as I realised I'd made an error. Sorry.

DJT

Jun 20, 2019
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Now Sold
Exp
DJT, that is so kind of you. Please let me know how much you want for it + postage. Unfortunately, we are going away early Thursday morning, so I would be willing to pay for next day delivery if you woukd be kind enough to do that. Please PM me how much and you bank details and I will transfer the amount direct. Many many thanks for your kind offer.
I am happy to post it out to you on Monday via Royal Mail 48 if that works for you it should be with you Wednesday.
The part will be at no cost to a fellow Funster and I’m happy to stand the postage.
If you would prefer Next Day I can do that and you can reimburse me via PayPal once you have the part and know it is correct.👍
DJT

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Hi Alan
Can you let me have a photo or diagram of the part you need and I will have a look in the morning.
Not sure that I will have it but if I do it will be foc.
Best Regards
DJT
Thank you so much for getting back to me. The part I need is at the end of the plastic tube that connects to the part previously discussed.
I have only recently discovered its function is to ventilate the cassette. Without this part we are able to savour the contents of the cassette. The response from Dometic and Leisure Spares was not reassuring. Leisure Spares said they had replaced a number of these in the past.
Whatever the cost, the freedom from vapours will be worth it. Alan

Attachments

• 20210618_174349.jpg
    20210618_174349.jpg
    340.7 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: DJT

DJT

Jun 20, 2019
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Now Sold
Exp
Thank you so much for getting back to me. The part I need is at the end of the plastic tube that connects to the part previously discussed.
I have only recently discovered its function is to ventilate the cassette. Without this part we are able to savour the contents of the cassette. The response from Dometic and Leisure Spares was not reassuring. Leisure Spares said they had replaced a number of these in the past.
I’m sorry to say I don’t have that part Alan we had bought the toilet refresh package for our previous van and for some reason I had kept the part that the other poster was looking for!!
Once again sorry I couldn’t be of help.
DJT

OP
OP
Diggerdi
Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
rosalan,
I am happy to post it out to you on Monday via Royal Mail 48 if that works for you it should be with you Wednesday.
The part will be at no cost to a fellow Funster and I’m happy to stand the postage.
If you would prefer Next Day I can do that and you can reimburse me via PayPal once you have the part and know it is correct.👍
DJT
Thanks so much, that is really generous of you. Royal Mail 48 should be fine. I'm still going to try and glue it so, if necessary, it should see us through our time away. Funsters are such love!y people. I will DM you my address. Thanks again.

Apr 28, 2021
Fareham, UK
Funster No
MH
Now sold
Exp
Since 2015
What a smashing bloke DJT is (y)
Leisure shop direct had a part I required on back order. The part was like rocking horse poo so I ordered, received a couple of updates keeping me in the loop then an email stating despatched. Part arrived 48 hours later exactly as ordered.
Great customer service and I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.

DJT

Jun 20, 2019
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Now Sold
Exp
Hi Alan
I have just been across to my garage and had a good look around and found this,(see photos)
could this be the part you are after?
If it is let me know and I will post out tomorrow 👍
A83BE478-80CE-43E4-8472-D87379504ED6.jpeg
273CD0BA-593B-4564-BCCD-9BC4599F789A.jpeg
7E5AA50A-A902-4B54-9E0F-D225B495F7C6.jpeg

DJT

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Try these people , Leisureshopdirect I've found them pretty good in the past, you'll need your toilets numbers to access the parts lists.
These people as far as I can tell are THE retail people for Dometic. They told me the part is out of stock at Dometic. I suppose until they make some more. Six weeks they quoted, if I am lucky.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980

DJT

Jun 20, 2019
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Now Sold
Exp
These people as far as I can tell are THE retail people for Dometic. They told me the part is out of stock at Dometic. I suppose until they make some more. Six weeks they quoted, if I am lucky.
Have a look at post #20 Alan
DJT

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
DJT If by any chance you visit any 'Fun do's, Motorhome Shows or rallies, please anticipate a bottle of your choosing to be left at your door. Alan

• Thanks

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Get you soldering iron out and melt the crack together same as other plastic bit that break and crack.

Jan 1, 2014
France
Funster No
MH
Pilote G691 LCE
Exp
Since 1974
Leisure shop is not the same company as Leisureshopdirect (as far as I know).
Leisureshopdirect are in Barnstaple their website is https://www.leisureshopdirect.com/
Leisure spares don't appear to declare their address, web site is https://www.leisurespares.co.uk/

I've used both companies in the past, originally, Leisure spares always found them brusque and not particularly helpful.
I then found Leisureshopdirect, better prices, better attitude and usually better delivery times.

Happily the OP is now sorted, hope you can be soon.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back