Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 5, 2019
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
I'm a newbie
Just been out to the Bailey MH, needed to check the cab battery soc.
Needs charging, so EHU goes on, pull the (leisure) battery fuse.
Cab battery now charging.
Check leisure battery SOC 84%, so want to discharge it a little (like to keep it between 60% - 80%), so put hab lights on and it's not discharging. ???

Penny drops after about 5 mins. of head scratching - BCA PDU is battery charger AND psu for for hab electrics.

OP
OP
The Artilleryman
Apr 5, 2019
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
I'm a newbie
I believe that removing the fuse stops the leisure battery from being charged - confirmed by charge current into the battery dropping to 0.6A from 3.6A LiFePO4 BT app. - and hab battery reading 13.3A.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
The Artilleryman
Apr 5, 2019
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
I'm a newbie
I believe that removing the fuse stops the leisure battery from being charged - confirmed by charge current into the battery dropping to 0.6A from 3.6A LiFePO4 BT app. - and hab battery reading 13.3A.
Update - Isolates the battery from everything except solar controller, I think. Will need to do more investigation, when it gets warmer. Had gone out to put hab lights on to drop leisure battery to under 80% SOC only to find PDU controller dead, put fuse back in and all works.
Doing this sort of work this time of year is a pain, due to cold weather, much prefer spring/summer/early autumn, but then I'd be too busy with the miniature traction engine.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back