Screenshot_20210813-215042_BBC News.jpg

Jul 24, 2015
Ramsgate Kent
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato c class
Exp
5 years
Undercover and no solar.. probably bought it just for that trip .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Don’t think much of his Hymer parking either……! ;)

Reactions: EML
Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
The second image above has now been removed from its original position as it was near the spot, where a young girl lost her life, when a bouncy castle she was on exploded 😔

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
I'm not particularly bothered about the images but about the attitude of the grafitti sprayer who decides he can do what he wants, where he wants, without any regard for anyone else.
This is the inevtiable result: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-58221044
Its all personal opinion and think that he does a great Job Little acts of protest/defiance does not harm and in this instance the council said:

"We thank Banksy for all the wonderful art work and fully appreciate these circumstances would not have been known by the artist."

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Its all personal opinion and think that he does a great Job Little acts of protest/defiance does not harm and in this instance the council said:

"We thank Banksy for all the wonderful art work and fully appreciate these circumstances would not have been known by the artist."
Yes, I'm aware of what the council said. Doesn't change my opinion though because the grafitti sprayer could easily check in advance. That he doesn't says more about him than his grafitti.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
I'm not particularly bothered about the images but about the attitude of the grafitti sprayer who decides he can do what he wants, where he wants, without any regard for anyone else.
This is the inevtiable result: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-58221044
But if God didn't approve of graffiti, he would never have given us the example ... (y) :LOL:

Steve

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Yes, I'm aware of what the council said. Doesn't change my opinion though because the grafitti sprayer could easily check in advance. That he doesn't says more about him than his grafitti.
My guess is that we all offend in someway or another because we have failed to ‘check’ something. It’s art, it has meaning and brings joy. Many people would have no idea 🤷‍♀️ an accident had occurred nearby a few years back and I suspect there have been other unfortunate accidents both in that town and elsewhere.

But it’s ok not to like him or his work and equally for others to like his work to celebrated it.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
My guess is that we all offend in someway or another because we have failed to ‘check’ something. It’s art, it has meaning and brings joy. Many people would have no idea 🤷‍♀️ an accident had occurred nearby a few years back and I suspect there have been other unfortunate accidents both in that town and elsewhere.

But it’s ok not to like him or his work and equally for others to like his work to celebrated it.
About 45 years ago, when circulating the latest graffiti was a standard office pastime, the local newspaper carried a report of a neighbourhood pub landlord who had installed a'graffiti blackboard' [such expressions were allowed in those days] for patrons, to save him the expense and work in having graffiti removed from pub walls. About a week after the blackboard was installed, some hooligan carved into the board 'Where's the f**king chalk?' ... :rolleyes:

Steve

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I appreciate that where Banksy paints a picture, it stops some pillock filling the blank wall with 'Rozzer wuz ere and Shaz forever' or whatever they write.... :)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
How the hell would you be able to check something like that!?
Google is your friend, as is asking the local authority or looking at past issues of the local papers for instance.

Jul 29, 2021
Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Boxer L3H2
Hmm, gonna do a fun piece on a dingy blowing away:
"Better Google if there's been some related child deaths related to blow up plastic things in the area first!"

Yeah, that's definitely the first thing that would spring to mind.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hmm, gonna do a fun piece on a dingy blowing away:
"Better Google if there's been some related child deaths related to blow up plastic things in the area first!"

Yeah, that's definitely the first thing that would spring to mind.
Any responsible person would have the brains to check whether their actions would cause the problems which occurred.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back