Do you or anyone you know travel with their feet up on the dash.....A WARNING. (1 Viewer)

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Please do not look at this post if you are of a sensitive nature, this is a wake up call for those who need it and if it stop just one person from doing this it is worth it.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
206379127_10220052392235405_698267382098334623_n.jpg

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
very common to see the passenger in France with feet up on the dashboard

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
No one travels with there feet on the dash when I’m driving.

firstly feet on my dash is a no go.

secondly you’ll just submarine the seat belt on impact.

May 10, 2018
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
MH newbie but we owned a caravan previously.
See loads of Eastern European truck drivers with a foot on the dash.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
I did it when my leg was in plaster above the knee and swelled up inside if not elevated. 😥

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
I have tried to explain this to Dee to stop her doing it, with her shoes on, I get peed off because she has her shoes on and it marks the dash.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Please do not look at this post if you are of a sensitive nature, this is a wake up call for those who need it and if it stop just one person from doing this it is worth it.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
View attachment 510126
Can’t understand why people place their feet in the dash or just leave their arm out of a window and other actions whilst in a vehicle whilst driving

Pusscat

Free Member
Jun 16, 2019
Devon UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Rio 320
Exp
Since 2015
I was paragliding in Turkey…found out after I’d had my flight, apparently someone the previous week had a very bad landing. Similar thing, femur heads rammed up through the pelvis. Ouch…

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
When I was 17 I was traveling as a passenger in a Bedford 7.5 ton flatbed wagon delivering turf, when the driver decided to take a detour into a ditch I had my feet up on the dash and on impact went through the windscreen feet first, ended up sat uninjured in the ditch, the dash was pushed back into the seat I was sat in, had I had my feet down I would have had crushed legs, no seat belt in them days.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Every time I see people doing this and I see it regularly, I think of the last time you posted the picture.
I sent it to our kids then and they sent it to friends.
Shocking but needs to be seen. Thanks 👍

OP
OP
Mrsambulancekidd
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Seen this before.

Im pretty sure this was the result of an air bag going off.
It was, but it can happen anyway.
I have tried to explain this to Dee to stop her doing it, with her shoes on, I get peed off because she has her shoes on and it marks the dash.
Here's hoping she stops doing it when she see's this.
Robert has seen this several times in his career.
Every time I see people doing this and I see it regularly, I think of the last time you posted the picture.
I sent it to our kids then and they sent it to friends.
Shocking but needs to be seen. Thanks 👍
You are welcome, it was Robert who posted it last time, but a reminder is never a bad thing.
When I was 17 I was traveling as a passenger in a Bedford 7.5 ton flatbed wagon delivering turf, when the driver decided to take a detour into a ditch I had my feet up on the dash and on impact went through the windscreen feet first, ended up sat uninjured in the ditch, the dash was pushed back into the seat I was sat in, had I had my feet down I would have had crushed legs, no seat belt in them days.
A bus ploughs into a bus stop full of people and kills them all, it's best to stand in the middle of the road.
You were just lucky in one incident.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Went to a local rtc in Australia , wife of a town teacher had feet up on dash , they hit a large kangaroo , result 1 head of femur snapped off , other head pushed thru pelvic socket , had to be airlifted to Perth and took her over year to be able to walk with two sticks .!! It was a common practice in OZ due to long empty roads , people only worry about other vehicles .

Grummyb

Free Member
Dec 31, 2020
Corby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since about 2013
A third of all pelvic traumas die.
Now that is pretty high odds if you are daft enough to risk it.
I know there are plenty of other ways to do yourself harm, but why line yourself up for it.
Blimey that's some statistic because I've had a fair few pelvic traumas although in fairness most of them have been on a Saturday up a wall behind a night club

Mar 28, 2019
DERBY
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo
Exp
since 2012
I remember our first ever European trip in our new to us Bessacarr, took teenage step daughter with us, whilst complaining about feeling sick and that she was hot and how she must sit in the front…….. I’m mostly a pretty happy traveller so gave up my pride and joy position only to see bare feet stuck up in the air on my dash - 😡
Just seems an odd thing to do ….. actually she drives her self now 💭😜, wondering if she might give me a lift sometime 🤣

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
I was in hospital during my army days with a guy that fell out of a second floor window and broke the head off both femurs. He said he was absolutely steaming drunk and decided to use the window instead of the toilet. Sober he would have not fallen upright.
He was attended by a German ambulance and taken to a German hospital. He was moved to the military hospital awaiting transfer to the uk for medical discharge. The doctors said he shouldn’t have survived. The shock alone would be fatal normally.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Been to two of those type incidents. Messy!!! I don’t tell people to not do it though. If they’re stupid enough to think travelling with their feet on the dash is a good idea then me telling them it’s not isn’t going to have any bearing on their continued safety. They are interesting incidents to deal with.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
When travelling in the van and we are stuck somewhere in heavy traffic like a motorway, thats the favourite time to see the neighbouring car with the wife or girlfriend, usualy on phone, with pale bare, sweaty, swollen looking feet, that seem almost glued to the dashboard in the car next to me.
Not only is it dangerous, but it just turns my stomach somehow, always has, always will, especially when my OH TinaL, laughs and says something like, dont look at the car next door, the passenger is doing your pet hate.
Bare feet on the dash....Yuk!:sick:
There I have said it now.
LES

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back