TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Not all vans are the same but I use an old washing machine outlet hose and a 1" brass fitting that screws into the waste tap. That's when I don't use the 5 gal plastic black jerrycan featured a few posts back.

OP
OP
TheMachMan
Dec 17, 2019
St Leonards, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
Really don‘t want to carry any vessels, been there with our previous caravans. Will get some hose and hope for the best. The outlet is 40mm dia so probably buy a Colapz adapter and some hose.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
under the van in a length of plastic downpipe. held up with some matching clips
As was the case with many R-V`s, the 3" sewer hose could be kept in 2 lengths of 5" drain pipe with end caps accross the back of the R-V, connected together they would do up to 20M. I also had (have? somewhere) a Macerator pump. which will pump waste over quite a distance and into raised Disposal outlets too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
We have a freedom trail 40l wheeled waste container from go outdoors but currently out of stock.

Aldi are currently doing this which is very similar.

Broken Link Removed

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
We have one and can confirm that it does live up to its name .......................... ;)
As do we😁😁 the other bucket is our washing machine, clearly labelled😉
Now I have a new to me A class with +300kg spare payload maybe I could treat Mrs Westy to a twin tub🤔😁😁

Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
Make it very plain to the site owners/warden that it's time that they brought their site up to date with the modern facilities for motor home users.

It seems to be a typical problem with British sites, they still live in the era of only seeing 'tuggers' but charge over twice as much as we would expect to pay in Europe.

SD j

Free Member
May 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin supreme
Exp
Since 2000
Make it very plain to the site owners/warden that it's time that they brought their site up to date with the modern facilities for motor home users.

It seems to be a typical problem with British sites, they still live in the era of only seeing 'tuggers' but charge over twice as much as we would expect to pay in Europe.
Please explain Tuggers , the suspense is killing me 😀

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
Caravanners, who tug their home from home.

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
I thought a chugger was anyone one on the high street selling (with pressure/menace) charity subscriptions🤷‍♂️
I thought they were the ones who finished left drinks at weddings and parties.

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
With my previous van, I could not get a Wastemaster underneath the outlet (damn silly design and a major bugbear). I just used to empty into a medium sized washing up bowl and then carry this to the nearest service point. It was not ideal but it was the best option I could come up with and I always tried to get fairly close to a service point.

PS I could not get a bucket under the outlet either - but yes, a bucket is a better idea than the washing up bowl.
Many of our German colleagues with motorhomes carry a long waste hose, eg get a 10metre length and that should do the job

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
You could suck it up back through the drain, then spit it out into one of those collapsible buckets and then pour it onto the grass outside your hab door at night, when no-one is watching ...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
The Colapz grey waste pipe is a great solution, may be a little pricey especially when compared to the bucket solution but well worth it if like me you like the convenience and ease (y)

Flexi waste pipe kit

View attachment 403305

£30?... 4 metres?....

Mar 8, 2015
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Scout SE
Exp
Since 2015
Open your tap and ..................

View attachment 403239

I’ve been to a few sites in sunny weather that have asked for us to just drain it into the bushes around the pitch. Helps keep them watered. I have a pipe in the van that connects to my outlet for this purpose or when at a fully serviced pitch when the grate isn’t in the right place.

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
£30?... 4 metres?....

The lay flat hoses are unlikely to work without some water pressure behind it i.e. from a pump. I've had one connected to a simple sump pump and getting water to flow was a challenge. Reliant on gravity only you will need a pipe so water doesn't have to overcome resistance.

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
Worked fine this morning

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
We use the same container as M-J and Hippy.To save the wind blowing the water away from the container we have a short hose with a Gardena tap connector that fits on the waste tap. Also I carry a couple of lengths of old water pipe should we be on a serviced pitch or the drain point is out of reach, behind a fence panel being the daftest.
We were on a site near Craven Arms and the owner said dump the grey water in the hedge bottom, it will help kill the weeds. On the Sunday morning the vans leaving were all parked along the hedges before setting off.

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
£30?... 4 metres?....

10m of flat hose to mess around, no thanks.

The Colapz may not suit everyone but it's perfect for my needs and therefore, I have no objection in paying the price (y)

F.M.C.Fourier

Free Member
Jun 4, 2011
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero 724FB
Exp
Since 1987
Many of our German colleagues with motorhomes carry a long waste hose, eg get a 10metre length and that should do the job
It was my previous van so not relevant anymore, but I thought of that. It proved unworkable. The diameter of the outlet pipe was very wide and anyway it was positioned deep under the van such that it was extremely difficult to access; finding a big enough pipe was a challenge and accessing the outlet to secure the pipe to it was a puzzle to put it mildly. To have to try to do this each time one pitched up was a non-starter. Even using waste points was difficult as getting the van in the right position was a night mare. It was a terrible design.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back