Diesel Heater v multivent fan. (1 Viewer)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
In my motorhome, the bed area isnt as warm as i would like on electric hook up. Up to this point its ok and on gas its better but not perfect. It has ducting that goes all around behind the 2 single beds.

My options that I'm thinking about is either fitting a truma multivent or diesel heater ducted in to that area.
The multivent would be my preferred option but i cant find one in stock. I also dont have or cant find an alternative one?

The other option is a diesel heater but these seem quite noisey and a bit extreme.

Any one have alternatives to the multivent?
Or thoughts on the diesel heater plan.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
A bit more rumpy pumpy maybe? :giggle:

Seriously though I know what you mean as the rear double in ours has the same piping running round it with slits in to let the hot air out, you have to make sure that you don't accidentally cover them with the bedding as obviously it stops the heat warming up the area. In ours I've put some wire barriers round the edges which work a treat, the also stop the dogs laying on them too!

I haven't got a photo of the ones round the head and foot of the bed but this shows some higher 'barriers' make from dismantled old washing racks that you usually hang on a window/radiator which I slotted in between the bed and the pipe and they also serve to stop the dogs being knocked out of the rear window too.

IMG_20230709_094321.jpg

Even though I'm a cold bum with the barriers in place I've found that the heat that can then circulate is sufficient.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Is the heating Alde or Truma? If Alde my Hymer has an isolating valve in the pipe run under the left hand bed. It seems that a lot of Germans don't like heating in bedrooms and this valve cuts it off or limits it.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Is the heating Alde or Truma? If Alde my Hymer has an isolating valve in the pipe run under the left hand bed. It seems that a lot of Germans don't like heating in bedrooms and this valve cuts it off or limits it.
What's the German equivalent of rumpy pumpy? :giggle:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Germans love cold bedrooms, in my Hymer even with the valves that control the air flow around the beds the bedroom is a bit chilly.

The heating around the bedroom is normally supplied by 30mm pipes. If you have space you could fit a couple of 60mm pipes teed into the main heating pipe
Also once the lounge is up to temp close some of the vents at the front end that helps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Our A class is so warm throughout, even the rear bed, maybe because it’s only 6.5 metres, doesn’t the warmth from the rest of the van circulate into the rear area?

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I installed a diesel heater right under the pillow of my bed. The exhaust is just to the other side of that wall.
So my head is literally 8" or so from the heater,

I worried it would be too loud. But once they are running they are as quiet as my truma was in my old van. And quieter than the old truma in this one.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back