DiBlasi R24 folding E trike (1 Viewer)

AlunandFelicie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner lyseo time
Anyone using/have experience of these?
after a catastrophic car accident six years ago Felicie has balance/confidence issues so we are considering one of these for gentle cycle path ,quiet road use ,we would prefer to store internally so this seems the best option.
Any information greatly appreciated đź‘Ť

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Looks very good. First bike I've seen that you can get the vat off if you qualify. I would be very interested in one of these. We had been looking at one that the guy at shows demonstrates.

Jun 18, 2013
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666F
Exp
Since 2015
I know little about diBlasi, I'm afraid, but we do have an electric folding trike.

We have the A S Bikes one and have been pleased with it for five years. It folds enough to go into the 'garage' on our motorhome. Support from the manufacturer is very good and he upgraded the drive train components for us at the Lincoln show last year.

As a further alternative, if you have very deep pockets and want something which can be stored in a minimal space, have a look at the Tomcat range - https://tomcatuk.org - Tomcat will come to your home and measure your dimensions and capabilities. It's a very clever piece of kit but you do pay for that.

Tony

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 2, 2017
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 5009
Exp
Since 2010
My wife can’t balance at all and we tried one but because it folds up it felt quite flimsy and the wheelbase at the rear is quite narrow compared rigid ones she couldn’t balance very well at all

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
My visually impaired step daughter has the non electric version of the folding trike. It does fold down into a reasonably sized cube and she hasn't had any issues with it feeling flimsy. However, like many trikes it can be a challenge on corners as it doesn't lean, at time she has looked more like the passenger in side car racing leaning sideways.

I dont know about the electric version but the pedal powered one only drives one back wheel - it can lose traction much more frequently than a two wheeled bike.

The trike is very heavy compared to a normal bike and needs a strong person to lift in/out of vehicles. Hopefully the battery pack can be removed before folding to reduce the dead weight to be lifted.

OP
OP
AlunandFelicie

AlunandFelicie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner lyseo time
I know little about diBlasi, I'm afraid, but we do have an electric folding trike.

We have the A S Bikes one and have been pleased with it for five years. It folds enough to go into the 'garage' on our motorhome. Support from the manufacturer is very good and he upgraded the drive train components for us at the Lincoln show last year.

As a further alternative, if you have very deep pockets and want something which can be stored in a minimal space, have a look at the Tomcat range - https://tomcatuk.org - Tomcat will come to your home and measure your dimensions and capabilities. It's a very clever piece of kit but you do pay for that.

Tony
Wow! see what you mean ,our pockets aren’t that deep!!!
Was looking at the AS trike any problems with it?
Did you buy it at a show? Was there any discount if so?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back