DFDS vs Stena for Holland (my fuzzy logic) (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Blimey ....just priced up a return journey to Amsterdam in May, DFDS cheapest from Sunderland was nearly £700 :Eeek:
I also priced up the ferry same dates from Harwich to the hook £112 day crossing Inc a cabin. Stena had kindly sent me a 20% off voucher, no such offers from DFDS.

My calculations on distance were that if I went from Harwich I was saving £100 per 100 extra miles (£400 approx) I have to travel minus diesel and running costs!

Did I do well ?????? I am going from Harwich :unsure:

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
We were amazed at the differences in prices when we booked to travel in July. Priced up all options inc discount offers and petrol costs. In the end we booked through c&cc as we are members and they beat every price previously quoted.

Jan 14, 2015
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo 726G
Exp
since 2014
We travel twice a year to Holland, always use the Harwich route, the saving over the Hull option is eye watering.

Sign up to the Stena club and you get regular emails with offers, typically we save 50% on the fare, for example we are going week after next, we booked in January with the emailed offer, price return is £160 inc cabins for a 7.5m MH

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
We travel twice a year to Holland, always use the Harwich route, the saving over the Hull option is eye watering.

Sign up to the Stena club and you get regular emails with offers, typically we save 50% on the fare, for example we are going week after next, we booked in January with the emailed offer, price return is £160 inc cabins for a 7.5m MH
I think I am signed up with Stena hence the 20% offer, more than the CC&C discount, good advice though. Good price for you, are cabins included ????

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
DFDS do not actually run a ferry from Sunderland, just thought I would mention it. If you meant booking on a freight transporter sorry, I do not know about that.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
DFDS do not actually run a ferry from Sunderland, just thought I would mention it. If you meant booking on a freight transporter sorry, I do not know about that.

They do a ferry from Newcastle (actually North Shields). I know it is expensive as we checked a while back and decided not to bother. I wish the ship that went between Bergen and Newcastle still ran - that was a good trip, did it with my daughter a couple of times, playing Bingo in Norwegian was always interesting. We never did get chance to do the round trip Newcastle - Bergen - Iceland - Newcastle :(

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
North Shields I meant (y) Freight might be cheaper though, although Mrs CC might complain.....:cry:

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
They do a ferry from Newcastle (actually North Shields). I know it is expensive as we checked a while back and decided not to bother. I wish the ship that went between Bergen and Newcastle still ran - that was a good trip, did it with my daughter a couple of times, playing Bingo in Norwegian was always interesting. We never did get chance to do the round trip Newcastle - Bergen - Iceland - Newcastle :(
If that still ran Norway would always be an summer option for me, lovely country.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I used to get paid for doing it!(y) Month on Month off!.(y) Took the wife and boys one summer when we went up the fiords(y). Virtual 23 hrs of daylight.:) Hull to Gothenburg was another. The Boring(n) one was Immingham, Rotterdam, Gothenburg back to Felixstowe, and the reverse!. That was the one they used when Filming "Triangle" (for those ancient enough to remember it!).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back