Delivery Date (1 Viewer)

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
We ordered a new Swift Bolero back in Feb from our local dealer and was told that it would be available in early to mid June. When I contacted them last week they said, although it was on track. They couldn't give me a delivery date.
My question is:
How far in advance did you get your delivery date and how accurate was it?

Brian_K

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Durham
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
So far one week late and that's on a demo vehicle that exists and I've already driven. Good luck on a new build, I reckon with most manufactures you are in the lap of the Gods.

Brian

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Not a Moho but we were promised a new car C3 Diesel auto(in Purple metallic ,granddaughter's choice) end of April or first week in May .
Rang last week for an update to be told Citreon not scheduled to build it till 22/5 as an unusual combination .so maybe June .July Aug.....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I believe that a debate with the manufacturer direct works best, the dealers tell you what they think you need to hear to place an order or get off the phone. I was told June when I placed my order in October, and when pressed on my dealer visit in December, mid June, by the dealer. On my visit to the German factory in February I was shown the complete production schedule for the year, nice official colour block chart with full detail. My MH starts production on 1st June, out to German dealer 23rd June. So get a direct line to the manufacturer, best chance of the facts!

Brian_K

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Durham
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I believe that a debate with the manufacturer direct works best, the dealers tell you what they think you need to hear to place an order or get off the phone. I was told June when I placed my order in October, and when pressed on my dealer visit in December, mid June, by the dealer. On my visit to the German factory in February I was shown the complete production schedule for the year, nice official colour block chart with full detail. My MH starts production on 1st June, out to German dealer 23rd June. So get a direct line to the manufacturer, best chance of the facts!

I agree that a dealer will say and promise anything (verbally) to get you to sign on the dotted line. The chances of dealing direct with a UK manufacturer lie somewhere between no hope and Bob Hope.

Small print from my dealer (the bit you read AFTER signing the document).

Paraphrased:

“If delivery is not made within 28 days of the stated date, the purchaser may give notice in writing of cancellation of contract.”

“If after a period of a further 28 days the vehicle has not been made available to the seller, the full deposit will be returned and the contract cancelled.”

As I said, lap of the Gods.

Brian

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
At the Feb NEC I was quoted June delivery, then late June, then a week later July at the earliest, then late July.

Then in a serious conversation I was told that if it was so late in July it wouldn't be gate released before factory shut down (All of August), so I might be unlucky and get it in September if there were no parts on back-order, if there were parts missing it could be October.

Now bearing in mind that I was ordering a LH Drive, I said B*ll*cks to this and went to the European dealers and dealt direct.

Add to that the wonderful exchange rate at the time and each day that passed was saving me another £1000. Saved about £22,000 in total.

ps I should point out that apart from the timing of the information received, the dealer was being honest with me.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back