Free Member
Feb 21, 2011
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2006
HI,can anyone recommend best place to buy new decals and stripes for my wayfarer motorhome,had a look on ebay but can't seem to find what i'm looking for,as i wan't to keep my m/h as original as possible ,thanks in advance Andy

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I have just done some on mine and I used the same colours but different design from differing companies and mixed and matched It came out reasonably well.
I approached a local company and asked for a quote to copy theoriginal but without the intracaies . They quoteD £750 I did not go there mine cost £80 and probably better anyway. I got them off the Ebay from Fatstripe They have loads of differing designs big and small.

OP
OP
jabbaman1

jabbaman1

Free Member
Feb 21, 2011
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2006
Hi,Thanks for your reply ,I'll have a look at Fatstripe and see what they have cheers Andy:):)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Unless you have a very modern MH then I doubt it is that important to match the stickers to the originals, indeed many dealers used to have their own decals for their 'dealer specials' so there are many variations on some models anyway. The only thing I would suggest is that you don't stray too far from the basic design and colours though, especially the shape of the decals, as when you remove the originals you could find the paint under them is a different shade!

OP
OP
jabbaman1

jabbaman1

Free Member
Feb 21, 2011
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2006
HI, thanks for the replies and sensible info will keep that in mind when choosing my new decals thanks again , Andy .PS thanks for the link:)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
How difficult is it to apply the decals?

Simple answers for a simple girl appreciated!

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
Quite easy
Clean area, use masking tape to position decal, spray a weak solution of water/washing up liquid to the clean area, remove a small amount of the backing and at the same time squeeze the decal to remove air bubbles starting from the top,
If it isn't sitting right then the soapy water will allow some repositioning,
Take it slow and it isn't too difficult

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Thanks. I have put the film on windows to make them look like stained glass and the application method is pretty much the same. In our last house I did 6 windows each 6ft square so should be able to do the door on the motorhome which has three separate decals.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I put Autocruise Wentworth in the fleabay search engine and came up with a few, try that with your make and model it may just work. :)

OP
OP
jabbaman1

jabbaman1

Free Member
Feb 21, 2011
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2006
I put Autocruise Wentworth in the fleabay search engine and came up with a few, try that with your make and model it may just work. :)
Hi, THANKS will give that a try

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back