Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Awwww ... here's one from me..

Hello ladies ...my name is Clive .. a truly English upperclass name for obvious reasons when you meet me. .. I am a true gentleman.

I have dark(ish) hair ... yes ..I have hair :) and really twinkly eyes.

I have a good sense of humour and don't mind having the mickey taken out of me by my friends on some kind of motorhome forum which allows them to vocalise their jealousy of my free living, exploratory life.

I smile freely ... cook like a chef ... love like ...errr well.. why not give me a try. ;)

(PS .I may be a little shy until you make me relax)

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13

Hello ladies ...my name is Clive .. a truly English upperclass name for obvious reasons when you meet me. .. I am a true gentleman.

I have a good sense of humour and don't mind having the mickey taken out of me by my friends on some kind of motorhome forum which allows them to vocalise their jealousy of my free living, exploratory life.

I smile freely ... cook like a chef ... love like ...errr well.. why not give me a try. ;)

My wife says "have you got his 'phone number" ?

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008

My wife says "have you got his 'phone number" ?
Clive, can I have your phone number?? :Eeek:

P.S. mine was more realistic......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
I'm so fired up :inlove: Going to see you in the flesh at Peterborough tomorrow.:dance2:
Thanks for those naughty texts that you have sent me.
Don't forget I'm in the Pink Romahome and you can come knocking anytime :h:

kar.JPG

My plain twin sister (below) will be in her Concorde Liner but she is just a show off.
Much cosier in the Romahome :inlove:

twin.jpg

Last edited:

StephDeLux

Free Member
May 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
ML-T 560 built
Exp
Since 2010
My wife and I met online. It was in Belgium and the website in French so no point in sharing the link. We called each other after chatting about 20 minutes, spent almost 3 nights on the phone and met the same week. Our second date was 2 days later and we've lived together since that evening. That was 14 years ago.

Meeting online is neither better nor worse than what some call the "normal" way. It worked for us.

Wild Brambles

Free Member
Nov 11, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
I see someone suggested getting a dog. I though dogging was for casual sex, and not relationships.

Has anyone suggested a singles camper van meet?

Dantheman

Free Member
Dec 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
Chausson I'm.
Exp
I'm a newbie
Well I am just about to follow Clive's lead and join the dreaded world of plenty of fish. Sick of being single and hope to find the girl of my dreams if she exists....wish me luck fellow funsters :oops:

Dantheman

Free Member
Dec 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
Chausson I'm.
Exp
I'm a newbie
Clive ... Have you had any luck on pof? I've just joined today..any tips or things to watch for or avoid?

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
My wife and I met online. It was in Belgium and the website in French so no point in sharing the link. We called each other after chatting about 20 minutes, spent almost 3 nights on the phone and met the same week. Our second date was 2 days later and we've lived together since that evening. That was 14 years ago.

Meeting online is neither better nor worse than what some call the "normal" way. It worked for us.
Two of my friends met online - both now very happily married. They had to kiss a few frogs on the way and has a few strange dates before they met “the one”.

Both of them said that they spent a long time getting to know the other person before actually meeting which seemed to make all the difference

OP
OP
Clive

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Clive ... Have you had any luck on pof? I've just joined today..any tips or things to watch for or avoid?
Nope, lots of weirdos out there but my lifestyle doesn’t help, going away for long periods. Good Luck

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
During my adult life, and by choice, I have been single more than in a relationship.

Occasionally I fancy some company, so I take up a new (often) random hobby.

This seems to inevitably bring my world crashing into someone else's and a new adventure begins.

I am currently researching sky-diving.... :ROFLMAO:

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Many times in the past, toooooo many to be honest, I have been on POF and Match also. I personally found that POF being free, can I tell the truth without offending anyone, attracted too many not so attractive ladies and a lot of who were basically interested in one thing, and it wasn't motorhomes :rolleyes:
I have been told that the same goes for the men on that site also:oops:
Happily in a relationship for two years now so perhaps the situation has changed on that site.
I found that if nothing else at least the various meetings with women got me out of the house and I would do it again if I had to, or perhaps not at 72 years of age :oops:

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
I was a widower at 42 and met my 2nd wife through Match Affinity... We swapped emails then phone calls for three months prior to meeting and have been together ever since. 10 years this year.

Someone was looking down on me on that day!

Dantheman

Free Member
Dec 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
Chausson I'm.
Exp
I'm a newbie
Jonno1103 ...hey firstly it must have been incredibly hard losing your wife at such a young age but it just shows there are very much 2nd chances at love with a little bit of luck and effort well done and congrats on your up and coming 10 year anniversary. I myself am still in the pond looking for my catch haha

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Just reading through this old thread again parts of which still bring a smile to my face ;) Do we have any feed back from Clive on how he got on in his venture into the unknown.. I have some advice for anyone who is new to the dating scene after years of marriage with one partner......Be prepared for a shock, women are not the shrinking violet's they were of old.:blush::blush:

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
I’ve been told that Plenty of fish has a bad reputation.
I met my husband 8 years ago on pof but you do have to be selective and filter through the chaff.

Go in with a positive, honest attitude and don't be disappointed if it doesn't go well immediately. It takes time to find a good one.

romany

Free Member
Jul 3, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax aurura xl
Exp
since 2014 camping since1968
My wife asked if I would bother trying to meet someone if something happened to her I just said to her you know how I feel about people who make the same mistakes twice, very chilly atmosphere here at the moment:unsure:

Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017
There's a lot of laughter in these post and a lot of warnings. I've been on most of the dating sites at one time or another over the last 10 years, PoF being the worst and have finally given up ? it's a shame people can't be honest and open, I think that may apply to both sexes. I'm quite happy in my own company and get out and about, I still work full-time but look forward to retiring in 10 months (yes I am counting) ? and going motorhoming full time so hopefully I'll come across a few if you where we can swap our most outrageous stories ???

Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017
Jonno1103 ...hey firstly it must have been incredibly hard losing your wife at such a young age but it just shows there are very much 2nd chances at love with a little bit of luck and effort well done and congrats on your up and coming 10 year anniversary. I myself am still in the pond looking for my catch haha
Only thing you'll find in a pond is pond life:pinocchio::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oct 11, 2019
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Converting a Van
Exp
I'm a Total Newbie!
I met my ex on eHarmony and although it ultimately didn't work out it was great until the end.

I don't really understand the apprehension about online dating. Are you any more likely to meet a nutter or axe-wielding maniac online than in a more conventional setting like a pub? I personally don't think so. And the bonus online is you know a little about the person and what makes them tick from their profile.

I find the better ones are the ones you have to pay for. Match, eHarmony etc. People on there tend to be more serious about finding something serious, not just that one thing or simply using the app for a laugh. That said I am not on any paid ones now, despite being single. Mainly because I'm tightening my belt, saving for a house deposit, and doing up the van.

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
We (CrazyCatLady) and I met on POF.
Free mentioned in this thread?
We paid for membership as it shows you are serious and not just looking for ......

I had a few txt chats with people but could tell they weren't my cup of tea..... She says she was bombarded with messages (isn't this the norm on dating sites, guys do all the chasing?)
She said most guys went from hello to wanting nude talk/chat within about five minutes? So that's one thing to remember guys ?
We had a few things in common but more importantly some things that neither had tried in life ( more to talk about ).
So I can only praise sites like POF after having tried it myself.

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
If I was single I would try dating sites , IMO dating should be fun & only thinking serious when you meet the rite one

It’s like playing cards , everybody hangs on to the king, queen & ace but dump the low numbers at every opportunity , it can be hard work trying to find that hidden gem ( took me 18 years )

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back