Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I got quite a few inquiries as a result of my dating site photo...

foto.jpg

I suspect some of the ladies were only interested in one thing... :Eeek:

(of course I knew for sure what the men were after...:whistle:)

JJ :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Several years ago I met a few nice folk on POF, I also met a few that came across as nice but they were horrid and unkempt.
Where did I meet my Happy Ever After...at a funster meet :D2.

Love pops up when and where you are least expecting it but give the dating sites a go. At the very least they can give you some company at times of loneliness.

I think @TUCANO could tell a story or two.

Go for it Clive(y)

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Someone said "Dating sites are like going to the local tip and bringing home the least broken item !":)
Both my brother and my sis in law have been on a few dating sites but it never seems to work out too well, they both have "issues" but are convinced that finding the right person will make everything all right. :rolleyes:
As others have said, take your time and don't lend anyone any money !

Just reread this and it sounds pretty negative but I'm sure if you go into it with the right frame of mind, things could work out fine. I'm just going by what my brother's experiences were. He phoned me 3 or 4 years ago and I commented on how crackly the line was, he said "I'm in the Ukraine" I said "isn't there a war on there ?" he said "not in this part !" He'd gone across to meet some potential "brides" and I had to point out to him how dodgy that was. He just wants some stunner, half his age to look after him, without him having to do anything, totally impractical scenario, but can't get through to him.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Or be like me, Clive... learn to love your own company ... that way no horrible surprises when they become obssessive, lying, che .. err oh sorry ..got carried away. .

Can't imagine being in a relationship at my age .. love my own company, doing what I want when I want, choosing good friends that make me laugh or understand me .. Any lonely moments are outweighed by the good ones. . Good luck with your decision. :)

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
As a millionaire ex fighter pilot and neuro surgeon I find pubs are a good place to start but it's important to have a good chat up line. I would suggest sidling casually up to a woman and starting a conversation, something like: "Hi. I see you have an empty glass. Do you mind if I put my teeth in it?"

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I've been on several , met a few good folk
Met a lot of stark raving lunatics
But also got a few funny stories out of it.
Never met the love of my life though

And not entirely sure that's a bad thing

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
I heard Screwfix ain't that good for dating.

OP
OP
Clive

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Well I’ve found my first problem, well two really, I live on Canvey Island!
First problem. I live on Canvey Island.
Second. I live on Canvey Island, sticks out in the Thames a bit. The search works as the crow flies, get lots from Kent pop up. It obviously doesn’t understand the Dartford Crossing!
(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Second. I live on Canvey Island, sticks out in the Thames a bit. The search works as the crow flies, get lots from Kent pop up. It obviously doesn’t understand the Dartford Crossing!
Buy a dinghy :cool:

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
Don't mention your toe fetish.

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Whilst I don't think dating sites are for me, I do find it amusing that it would seem the number one criteria for finding one's soulmate is they must be within a short distance/easy drive :)

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Or be like me, Clive... learn to love your own company ... that way no horrible surprises when they become obssessive, lying, che .. err oh sorry ..got carried away. .

Can't imagine being in a relationship at my age .. love my own company, doing what I want when I want, choosing good friends that make me laugh or understand me .. Any lonely moments are outweighed by the good ones. . Good luck with your decision. :)

How very true joy,,, well put !!

Mimi

Free Member
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Exp
Since 2016
@Clive
Why not try Ceroc on Monday night Basildon?
You don't have to go with a partner and there's always someone to dance with as they move couples/singles around, it's good fun.
Don't worry if you've never tried it before as they start with the basics.
Check out the web site
www.cerocnights.com
Sylvia

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Soe profiles I Have read, states that they have a busy social life, love going to the gym, out with friends, clubbing, great job, travelling, holidays,, independent, nice restaurants, bars, country pubs with roaring fires, good wine,, walking on the beach!!

Hahahahaha.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
There wasn't any Internet whatever/callitanyfancynameyoulike, when I met Maureen 45 years ago,

just eyes across a room!

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Soe profiles I Have read, states that they have a busy social life, love going to the gym, out with friends, clubbing, great job, travelling, holidays,, independent, nice restaurants, bars, country pubs with roaring fires, good wine,, walking on the beach!!

Hahahahaha.

Most of em are single mums, and work if they work , as carers!!! Dream on girls!!

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
How come profiles I look at and read, states that they have a busy social life, love going to the gym, out with friends, clubbing, great job, travelling, holidays,, independent, nice restaurants, bars, country pubs with roaring fires, good wine,, walking on the beach!!

Hahahahaha.

Mine wouldn't Ian. It would be enjoys occasional meal out or drink in nice pub .. loves music, reading, or cosying up on couch watching a good drama on tv..... must love my grandaughter and put up with my daughter ... boring as heck really ... .. :(

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
well having had my share, probably a lot of other peoples as well, of bad relationships I’m thinking it’s about time to stick a toe in the water again.
Not having a lot of luck meeting the opposite sex through normal processes, many restraining orders pending, started me thinking about dating sites.
The idea is scaring me shitless but needs must etc etc. So the question is are there any sites you would recommend?
Fatoldsugardaddy.com

Watch for the cougars though....... even at your age, Clive.

P.S. best of luck. That was a serious comment, by the way.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Whilst I don't think dating sites are for me, I do find it amusing that it would seem the number one criteria for finding one's soulmate is they must be within a short distance/easy drive :)
Long distance relationships rarely work

Most people's family and work etc are near where they live so eventually if the relationship develops one or both parties is going to have to sacrifice everything they have for the other.

Very few survive that

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Mine wouldn't Ian. It would be enjoys occasional meal out or drink in nice pub .. loves music, reading, or cosying up on couch watching a good drama on tv..... must love my grandaughter and put up with my daughter ... boring as heck really ... .. :(

Not nearly enough lies in that one joy!

You have to be more inventive!

Like,,,,, nice meals in nice restaurants,,cocktails in a exotic locations, love music, going to see live bands, festivals, love a bottle of nice white on the sofa watching a good film and cuddling,, must be a family man, my girls come first, not looking for a father for them! Lololol.

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
And don’t forget to take ten to fifteen years off your age,, and post 20 yr old pics!!

That’s a prerequisite!!!

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
There's another site where some woman lives on The Isle of Sheppey, moaning that there is some bloke on Canvey Island that she fancies but it is 2 miles as the crow flies but a long way by road.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Mine wouldn't Ian. must love my grandaughter and put up with my daughter ... boring as heck really ... .. :(

Mine would be must love my 16 grandchildren and 5 great grandchildren and put up with with 4 daughters and son.

John.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back