Dash warning "radiator temper high stop engine" (3 Viewers)

Geomic

Free Member
Aug 29, 2021
Funster No
MH
Elddis signature 130
My Peugeot boxer 2011 2.2 110. Has been in storage for 11 months. Got it started and home a week ago. Now I try to start it and it sounds rough and will not rev. When i try to restart even when engine is cold, it beebs, the radiator fluid temperature light comes on, the pointer goes to high and the engine emissions warning light flashes with the diesel preheat indicator light. From that point it will not start till the next day.
The mileage is 7400. I had a new battery fitted. I borrowed a mates OBD and it came up with 2 fault codes p0088. (Fuel preasure too high)
Any ideas ? Thanks G

Solution
Thanks H I had,nt thought of that and it would make sense of the fuel preasure code. I'll check fuel filter in morning. Yes and get someone out on Tuesday Thanks G
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I can’t help with any more than you have a serious error, and need a garage with proper diagnostics. There is either a fault with your temp sender, or with the ecu.

Good luck with it and let us know how you get on.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

Geomic

Free Member
Aug 29, 2021
Funster No
MH
Elddis signature 130
Thanks Andy, I think I will have to get a mechanic to see whats going on. The problem will be lack of use. When the fault is resolved I will post the diagnosis and the parts required. Thanks again G

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

huck999

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Crewe, UK
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
I'm not a diesel mechanic so please do not accept this as gospel.

Check the condition of your fuel filter - it may show contamination.
Just guessing, but after 11 months of no use, the diesel has probably gone off. Its probably growing all sorts of nasty microbes etc which have probably got through the fuel filter and clogged the filter screens in the injector regulator - hence high pressure.
If this is the case, it is recommended to drain all the old diesel, replace with fresh and add something like BASF Kerur-D (NOT Redex!) and an algae killer.
Clear the fault codes before you start the engine.
When you do get it started, take if for a fast run to clean the egr (if you have one) and hopefully clean the injectors.

I nearly lost 44,000 litres of red diesel to microbes and algae. It took 6 weeks of decontamination and additives before it was cleared to be used.

But again, just a guess! Best get an expert to check.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

Geomic

Free Member
Aug 29, 2021
Funster No
MH
Elddis signature 130
Thanks H I had,nt thought of that and it would make sense of the fuel preasure code. I'll check fuel filter in morning. Yes and get someone out on Tuesday Thanks G

Upvote 0
Solution
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
In my world, LR Defenders, it’s an earth fault to where the ecu is mounted that make the temp gauge go straight to hot as soon as you turn on the ignition. So it could be as simple as that, but its knowing it.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back