The Cruisers
Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
Just to let you know after asking you about how to pay for the dartford crossing we paid online and paid for the return crossing - £5.

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
£1.67 each way with an account (y)

I have an account as I'm a local resident (Grays in Essex, North of the Thames), £10.00 per year for 50 crossings (.20p each way) or £20.00 for unlimited crossings, your allowed as many vehicles as you like, BUT one has to designated and only one of them is entitled to the .20p charge, the rest are £1.67. I had friends staying with us last year, both with motor homes and one with a covered trailer for there motor bikes, we had been to a rally in West Sussex. The Hymer without the trailer was returning to Germany via Harwich, and the Fiat with the trailer was returning to Germany via Dover, so I paid for them all on my account, £1.67 each way, so £1.67 x 3, sorted :) (y) even now my Hymer B680 is still only £1.67 each way, so I recently loaded my account with £10.02, 6 trips :D, as a car is now £2.50, all vehicles are free between 10pm and 6am (y)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
That would save me £1.66 over years. I've paid (only because of time errors) £5.00 in 11 years. Shucks!!! I could have saved £1.66 over that time.

Which coincidentally is the same amount of time it would take for the lost interest in the previous example to equal the saving.

Damn we’re good at this (y):D2

Falcon 269

Free Member
Jul 11, 2013
Melton Mowbray, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Or put foreign plates on your van, haha

Won't work, but you knew that, no doubt. :)

We got caught out by the abysmal signage for this in April. Last time we used the QE II bridge was in 2010 and we had no idea that the toll booths had been removed, as we've been living in Spain since 2004. The fine notice arrived at our home in Spain in August. No appeal accepted, no 14 days first offenders let off like most Brit residents enjoy.

Also, the fine notice was delivered via Sweden and arrived more than 14 days after the date of the letter, so in theory I should have been penalized another £35 for late payment. I paid the basic fine plus £2.50 for the actual crossing but they can 'Foxtrot Oscar' if they think I'll pay a penalty for them using cheap bulk mail delivery!

Google came up with a local Essex news piece saying more than £81 million is owed in fines by foreign registered vehicles using Dart Crossing. It's nothing more than a money-making scheme.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back