Curious about light switches - what do yours do? (1 Viewer)

Sep 28, 2021
West Lothian, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner LyseoTD690G
Exp
Since 2019
Hi fellow Burstner owners,

I'm curious about your light switches and looking for some feedback. In August we picked up our new to us 21 plate Lyseo 690G Harmony Line and we absolutely love it.

But one frustrating thing is the light switch in the bedroom centre console between the fixed beds.

1669192533015.png

We have one socket and one double light switch. One of the switches controls the led's under the head space (fine) but the other one controls the floor level leds and not the overhead spotlights. In order to turn on or off the overhead spotlights you need to goto the other switches at the bottom of the passenger side bed by the cupboard. Just doesn't seem logical for me the way these are wired :unsure:

Just curious is this the same on your Burstner?

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Our overhead spots are on a Dometic power rail and have individual switches.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
My 2020 Geist has 4 lighting circuits just for the living area. They are controlled via three different 4-way toggle switches that just send a signal to a central module somewhere. Each of the switches can control 3 of the living area circuits and one other light (e.g. the one by the door has a toggle for the porch lights, but not the cab lighting). I guess it reduces wiring complexity, but it's bloody confusing. Like Coastal Cruiser. said, nighttime is preempted with a disco!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Had my van 2 years and still don’t know what switch does what on most of them😁😁
Our van is like a lighthouse flashing on and off when I go to turn the lights off inside at night.
Took me 3 years to find out the reading lights have dimmers, Hymer don't bother to tell you.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I'm curious about your light switches and looking for some feedback. In August we picked up our new to us 21 plate Lyseo 690G Harmony Line and we absolutely love it.
We have a 2019 690G and our's are completely different.
The only one light switch is for the led floor lights. (There was also a 13A plug there that I changed for a 12V USB socket)
The spots have their own individual switch's and all the other bed room lights are switched on at the bottom of the bed.

Simples :drinks:

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
This sounds like another example of the marketing people trying to over-sell items which are not practical.

In our 2003 N&B Arto all the lights are switched at the fittings except the saloon downlighters in the ceiling, switched by the door.

So the two reading lights over the double are just an arm's length over each side of the bed. Simples.

OP
OP
j8snl
Sep 28, 2021
West Lothian, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner LyseoTD690G
Exp
Since 2019
Our overhead spots are on a Dometic power rail and have individual switches.
Thanks Howard, we do have the Dometic power rail there as well, but these lights I referenced in the original post are in the ceiling above each bed and powered from a switch at the bottom of the passenger side bed by the cupboard. Any despite all the switches in the Burstner this one is either both on or both off 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
OP
OP
j8snl
Sep 28, 2021
West Lothian, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner LyseoTD690G
Exp
Since 2019
Had my van 2 years and still don’t know what switch does what on most of them😁😁
Our van is like a lighthouse flashing on and off when I go to turn the lights off inside at night.
Brilliant :LOL: being only 3 months into this Burstner, it's the same for us. 5 Switches by the door, 2 or 3 more by the drop down bed, 2 more by the fixed bed cupboard and the ones mentioned in original post between the fixed bed. I'm glad it's not just me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
j8snl
Sep 28, 2021
West Lothian, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner LyseoTD690G
Exp
Since 2019
We have a 2019 690G and our's are completely different.
The only one light switch is for the led floor lights. (There was also a 13A plug there that I changed for a 12V USB socket)
The spots have their own individual switch's and all the other bed room lights are switched on at the bottom of the bed.

Simples :drinks:
So that does sound the same Stealaway accept we have the split switch, floor led's and head led's on the power rail on the same switch.

I just find it weird to put the ceiling lights off I need to go to the bottom of the bed when there's a switch in the centre wired to do other things like light the floor led's. It would make more sense if had put touch lights in the ceiling, like they have above the drop down lounge bed.:LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Brilliant :LOL: being only 3 months into this Burstner, it's the same for us. 5 Switches by the door, 2 or 3 more by the drop down bed, 2 more by the fixed bed cupboard and the ones mentioned in original post between the fixed bed. I'm glad it's not just me.
We have switches above the bed then some by the batroom sink then more by the toilet door, some operate the rear of the van and some the front.
We then have some down but the door, some behind the door pillar at the top then more under the wall cabinets😳😳😳
Some operate the 1 light but most operate numerous lights 🙁🙁
Time I let the dogs out get them back in settle them in their beds lift the tv up turn off the WiFi then try and sort the lights out takes about another 30mins😂😂

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We have switches above the bed then some by the batroom sink then more by the toilet door, some operate the rear of the van and some the front.
We then have some down but the door, some behind the door pillar at the top then more under the wall cabinets😳😳😳
Some operate the 1 light but most operate numerous lights 🙁🙁
Time I let the dogs out get them back in settle them in their beds lift the tv up turn off the WiFi then try and sort the lights out takes about another 30mins😂😂
If you are really stuck just hit "lights" on the control panel and it plunges the whole van into the dark(y)

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
The front lounge lights on a Carthago like ours has one way/two way & intermediate switching and there's too many lights, so we don't use them much, unless I drop a pound coin of course.:giggle:
LES

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back