Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
For what it is worth, I had a cruise control supplied and fitted by Conrad Anderson. It has changed my life! They even let me stay in the van (Iveco Long Wheel Base self converted) and watch them fit it. Yes, I could of done it myself but not as quickly nor as smoothly. It was a few years ago and the total bill (I chose to have all the extras!) was around £400...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
Had mine fitted by Dave Newell, has three speed settings which are adjustable ie 30,40,50 and top speed which can be whatever you decide. Good bit of kit.

David

warwick

Free Member
Sep 16, 2008
Funster No
Mine was fitted by Essanjay Motors, Poole about 4 years ago, makes long motorway driving e.g. France a lot easier-about £400. The accelerator control on the motorhome is operated via an engine vacumn actuator, my car is an electric system, (I`m not a techy).
The car (Peugeot 307)) is far more responsive to changes in road inclination and follows the set speed much more closely, this is in part of course due to weight difference but this type of control appears to be far better.
I am having a Factory fit cruise control on the next motorhome - £196

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
we have a c/c fitted on our Mirage- brilliant piece of kit-wouldn't be without it .Drove home from Shepton Mallet to near Blackpool with it on most of the time on the m5&6. I feel it help you to relax and get more comfy not having to press the throttle all the time - a bit more economical too. Cost can be between £2-300. Many different systems about mine is a remote unit on the steering wheel rather than a stalk type- but that's only because it was already on when we bought the m/home.
We were going to come and chat with anyone at S/M but my wife was taken ill on Sat night and we had to leave early Sun morn- some other time we will look for other members. We have a pennant in the front screen. Jenny recovered after a couple of days -it seemed she picked one of these 24hr bugs up.
thats all for now
best wishes
Dave & Jen

Pronto

Free Member
Nov 17, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
LeisureTech Services (Clitheroe) are fiting one for me on Monday - £350 and take about 3 hours.

P

Pusser

Deleted User
I had one fitted by Chelston which works well and have one on my car as standard. But to be honest I use it rarely. Maybe I need to use it more and get used to it but it feels really spooky when it accelerates by itself and just as spooky when it slows down because of a misjudgement.

So unless my right foot is distorted with pain with too much driving, I tend not to use them. Chipping or whatever has to be a good investment on the old FIats 2.8TD with massive improvement and satisfactory improvement on the new Fiat. But I have to take it into Chelston shortly as I am experiencing wheel wobble when I reach speeds of over !35mpth.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
olli 630L

olli 630L

Free Member
Feb 2, 2008
northants
Funster No
Exp
started may 07
i have cruise control in my car and love it , we are planning 2 sking trips to austria
and its about 2000 miles round trip on long boring autobarns .

what is chipping ?

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
i have cruise control in my car and love it , we are planning 2 sking trips to austria
and its about 2000 miles round trip on long boring autobarns .

what is chipping ?

Hi Olli,

"Chipping" is where the Engine control unit is remapped in software to alter the engine's running characteristics eg. Power, torque curve, driveability etc.

It can, if overdone, have adverse effects on the longevity of the rest of the engine (especially the clutch unless it's uprated) and transmission components.

However it can make driving the unit a whole lot less work if done sympathetically and "possibly" make the engine more fuel efficient due to the way it is driven.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back