Crockery etc (1 Viewer)

Dee

Jun 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Buying this week!
Exp
Being new to MH ownership, wehave been looking around for the items we will need to use our new purchase. I must admit that I’m not fond of plastic plates and cups - so I had been looking at some tempered glass crockery called corelle. This looks lovely, but is expensive, so being a good Yorkshire girl I went looking for alternatives. We have just bought some “oftast” tempered glass crockery from Ikea (along with many other items for the ‘van). It looks nice - plain white and is certainly lighter than other crockery, at 50p to £2 per item it was much less than an equivalent set of corelle. Was so pleased with the savings that I also purchased bedding, cutlery and a few other things too ?

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi & welcome! :hi: We have Corelle (bought on offer) & think it's great but have to admit if we had known sooner about the Ikea version we would have gone for that as great value & many on here have also posted good comments about it now.
Six years in we are still buying things that we "need" for the motorhome!

Reactions: Dee
Upvote 0

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
After many years with yellow plastic plates (and wondering why we always got flies in our dinner :think:), we now have posh John Lewis ones. However, we too, carry the white enamel plates with blue edging from Lakeland, they are so useful to put in oven or under grill if wanting to keep food warm, and, as Janine says, double up as pot lids.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Been using the Ikea ones for a couple of years now. Have found them to be really good and so cheap. If anything gets broken being plain white will be easy to replace. Not had to replace any yet!

Denise

Reactions: Dee
Upvote 0
Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
We've got bamboo fibre cups and plates. It looks and feels like matt melomime. Do it doesn't scratch and it's light weight. And it doesn't clatter about in the cupboard too much.

However, it does stain. So the mugs have obvious beverage marks and my paella has made the plates a bit yellow. Standard washing up squeegees don't shift it.

It does survive a fall better than ceramic, but drop it far enough and it does shatter. It's not as tough as straight plastic.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Dee

Dee

Jun 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Buying this week!
Exp
Dear All
Thank you for your welcome messages and information. Janine and Riverbankannie, thank you for the metal plate tip, that sounds really useful ?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back