LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
We spend over a week at KRK and Porec, found the roads ok but the sites were not geared up for bigger vans🙁🙁

Never came across any bad roads..

Didn’t think the food was anything special, Croatia is very clean and the locals are very friendly and helpful plus fuel and food cheaper than the EU places.
Would probably not go back to Croatia rather explore Austria more as it was stunning (apart from the hills)😬😬
I’m with you Coastal Cruiser. on this 100%
You didn't get down far enough then sadly. Krk is nice but go further down and the scenery and the beaches improve. So many lovely islands and even touristy Dubrovnik has to be experienced. We love Croatia. Austria can be nice but is a pita and the tide goes out too far.
I can’t imagine the coast road to Dubrovnik to be much different to Zadar-Krk very nice , but not breath taking like Austria scenery, but hey ho every one to their own👍

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Oh jongood I can 100% say the bridge is now free onto Krk👍👍
Thanks but tbf it wasnt expensive anyway. Heres another island with a free access

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• 20220612_122919.jpg
    20220612_122919.jpg
    991.3 KB · Views: 23

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
When we made it up to the ski resorts on the non toll route to Slovenia it was stunning.
Last time I went to Austria it was covered in snow so didn’t get to see it.
Definitely back there, maybe on our September trip as I fancy Vienna😁😁
Oooh Vienna….Go Box Territory 🤣🤣🤣 lots of S roads (expressways) around there, be careful😉👍

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
When we made it up to the ski resorts on the non toll route to Slovenia it was stunning.
Last time I went to Austria it was covered in snow so didn’t get to see it.
Definitely back there, maybe on our September trip as I fancy Vienna😁😁
We did Vienna from Czech and back without a gobox but not easy, no mountain passes though WESTY66 . We considered going to Bratislava but no way we could see to do it without both boxes so their loss :LOL:

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
We did Vienna from Czech and back without a gobox but not easy, no mountain passes though WESTY66 . We considered going to Bratislava but no way we could see to do it without both boxes so their loss :LOL:
The boxs are a pia, I’m not against paying owt BUT if they don’t click on a gantry you end up with a fine (I think it was sallylillian that got done with that despite having lids of credit left) why can’t they have the same system as Switzerland??
Which brings me on to a thought I had a while ago, the EU has done plenty of harmonisation, why don’t they start on the road system and signage, it’s different every where you go🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ Rant over😁👍

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
The boxs are a pia, I’m not against paying owt BUT if they don’t click on a gantry you end up with a fine (I think it was sallylillian that got done with that despite having lids of credit left) why can’t they have the same system as Switzerland??
Which brings me on to a thought I had a while ago, the EU has done plenty of harmonisation, why don’t they start on the road system and signage, it’s different every where you go🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ Rant over😁👍
Totally agree. If you look at some of the EE drivers their screens are full of go boxes and then satnav, so many blind spots, particularly on the small screen Dafs. Also why should someone in a 4t mh on 4 wheels pay the same as an artic?

However it would be really bad news if they adopted the Austrian one. We've had so many stories on here of them fining people who have got boxes. Ridiculous and why I'm a bit anti- Austria.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Yes I see lorries in the U.K., the boxs litter the windscreen! Why can’t the EU countries get their act together and go the Swiss route?? It’s got to be a LOT easier paying for the days in the country, and not having aggro for missed gantries or faulty go boxs etc!!
Anyway I have the definitive answer for when your go box misses a gantry (doesn’t bleep or bleeps cos your out of credit)
PULL IN AT THE NEXT ASFINAG STOP!!
They will sort it out immediately and take the missing gantry off the credit on the box and you’re good to go, if it’s in the right place and does it again you can ask for a new box and have the credit transferred👍👍
I get what you say about Austria, but I would rather downsize to 3.5t than miss out going there😉👍👍👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back