Ian Barry

Free Member
Sep 22, 2010
West Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Anyone travelled to Croatia recently? Off to Croatia this year, they are now in the EU but not the Euro. Can I have some comments on what to take e.g. Sterling, Euro or their own currency the Kuna ?:RollEyes:

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
We were there last Autumn. There are lots of ATMs where you can access the Croatian Kuna using a standard debit card. Near the border there were also lots of sheds offering money exchange but we didn't bother with them.
We had no difficulties getting cash but I think it's best to spend it there, I don't think many places exchange Kuna outside of Croatia.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter_n_Margaret

Free Member
Oct 27, 2013
Adelaide, Australia
Funster No
MH
"C" class 4WD DIY
Exp
About 20 years
We were there in September '13.
Used a credit card for fuel (and some other stuff) and ATMs for cash.
No problems.

Cheers,
Peter

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
[HI]We were there last Autumn[/HI]. There are lots of ATMs where you can access the Croatian Kuna using a standard debit card. Near the border there were also lots of sheds offering money exchange but we didn't bother with them.
We had no difficulties getting cash but I think it's best to spend it there, I don't think many places exchange Kuna outside of Croatia.

We are going to Croatia in May this year.

How did you find the cost of living, food, fuel costs etc?

It is always nice to be forwarned!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
Hi Maison,
We were only there for a week as an "add-on" to a tour of Italy and it was October so well off season. We stayed in the North of the country.
We stayed on established sites which were good quality but perhaps a little more expensive than we were used to. Having said that we had good pitches often with sea views. We found prices to be reasonable, certainly cheaper than Venice where we'd stayed just before though that is perhaps obvious. Fuel was cheaper than the UK and Italy, more in line with French prices.
The history is interesting but confused. We found that there were odd reminders of the communist past (and sad reminders of the more recent war) dotted about the country. The campsite all had guards on the gates though we never felt insecure anywhere. The supermarkets were well stocked and modern but people bought cabbages in huge numbers. Its the only country we've travelled to in Europe where we had to show our passport at the border (other than the UK) English was very widely spoken and the people were very friendly.
We enjoyed Pula, an interesting town with a fantastic Roman Amphitheatre.
Krk town was still fairly traditional and worth an explore.
The Plitvice lakes were an amazing experience but the weather was awful when we were there. We need to take another trip when the sun is shining.
Feel free to pm me with if I can help further.
Oh yes, beware of bears:

Attachments

• IMG_1411.jpg
    IMG_1411.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 10

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread