Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Mar 5, 2022
Hindford, Oswestry, Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes 2.3 F & D
Exp
Since 2021
I just attempted to obtain a Crit' Air sticker for France.

However, when I enter details and specifically the 'date of first registration' details, this is what appears.......

"Your vehicle is too old and does not meet the criteria for the award of an air quality certificate (it therefore emits too many pollutants). We cannot respond to your request."

I have a 'Foster & Day' 2.3 Mercedes diesel motorhome first registered in August 1990.

Will this mean that I am exempt (he said fancifully) or that I am going to get fines wherever I go?

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Unfortunately you will get fined if you go into emission zones. Stay away from the big towns and in most cases you will be OK.

Is that correct as only a few emissions zones are permanently active (Paris, Rouen, Grenoble etc.) the others are only active when promulgated so because of high pollution.

I cannot see why one would be fined for not having a Crit'Air sticker if the zone were not promulgated as active.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I just attempted to obtain a Crit' Air sticker for France.

However, when I enter details and specifically the 'date of first registration' details, this is what appears.......

"Your vehicle is too old and does not meet the criteria for the award of an air quality certificate (it therefore emits too many pollutants). We cannot respond to your request."

I have a 'Foster & Day' 2.3 Mercedes diesel motorhome first registered in August 1990.

Will this mean that I am exempt (he said fancifully) or that I am going to get fines wherever I go?
No, not at all. You're just not allowed in all the zones which require a crit'air sticker.
Mine is 1991.
You will have to make your own route with your own homemade map specifying which road or towns you're not allowed on.

Upvote 0

BillandHelen

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 17, 2013
Edinburgh United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp
since 2004
Just bought mine online this morning, critair 2, fairly straightforward once I’d worked out how to convert a photo to pdf! Not sure we will need it for our month in June, but just in case.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 31, 2019
Devon
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessecar 584
Exp
Since April 2019
I am driving to South of Lille on motorway in 2 weeks, which goes "underneath" Lille. Lille requires a crit air sticker but would I need one if driving around Lille? Same goes for any town/city🤔🤔🤔

Upvote 0
Mar 9, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E412
Exp
Since 2007
I am driving to South of Lille on motorway in 2 weeks, which goes "underneath" Lille. Lille requires a crit air sticker but would I need one if driving around Lille? Same goes for any town/city🤔🤔🤔
Depends where the limits are, but usually they aren’t outside of the cities (Rouen is a complicated story). Check your SatNav or Google or Waze - they should indicate which roads go through ‘environmental zones’

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back