Free Member
Oct 28, 2018
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
‘A’ Class
Exp
since 2011
We are travelling through France to Spain, everything I had read before leaving the UK suggested only a few cities had LEZ zones and we weren't going bear any of them. However as we approach Bordeaux it seems they are a 'crit air' zone and so is Toulouse. We don't have a vignette and I cannot understand how I would obtain one or how to avoid those areas. Apparently information for camping cars is given on subscription!

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
If I have read it right, it is very similar to the UK London LEZ, you will be fine on the ring roads, don't go into the centres

and even then it only applies if weather conditions create a pollution risk

saying that they are forecasting 40C again next week so get past quick (y)

we don't have one either

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I bought one last year when it was Paris Lyon and one other city. Bordeaux wasn't on the list and as has been said if your not in the city centre as London you will be ok.

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
A number of French departments are now part of the Crit Air scheme, but unlike the 'permanent' zones, they only apply restrictions under certain weather conditions (as David says above). I don't think any of these weather-related zones have so far placed any restrictions, but as David also says, another heatwave is forecast for next week, so who knows?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
I seem to remember when we applied online for ours that they send you a "receipt" within a couple of ours and advise you to print it off to produce until you receive your actual sticker.

This is documented in post #3 in this post....

OP
OP
Sucoz

Sucoz

Free Member
Oct 28, 2018
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
‘A’ Class
Exp
since 2011
Thank you all, when I looked on what may have been a scam site the area looked huge. We aren't intending on going within the ring roads. However I may get one anyway since they are fairly cheap. The vehicle category they say is on ' j' of the vc5, Mine is blank, so I'm guessing it must be hgv buses, coaches ( over 3.5 tons)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Just make sure you buy it from the official site, ending in .gouv.fr as otherwise you will pay more than necessary.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Just make sure you buy it from the official site, ending in .gouv.fr as otherwise you will pay more than necessary.
and as previous posters have pointed out, if you do it online you get a receipt showing you have paid. i went round the champs elysees last year without one, and as of yet have not been 'contacted' .... i did get one soon after though, so perhaps i was in the system and they acted leniently, though i am unsure if the process is about being stopped by the gendarmes or being photographed by cameras?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back