suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
I have created a map of the area loosely from Agde round to the border of Spain and roughly 100kms inland which is basically Pyrenees Orientales, Aude, Herault and a bit of Ariege.
It includes the majority of aires, some FP sites, (more to follow) Wild Swimming points*, Places of interest, Walks through gorges, Beaux Villages, Natural hot springs, Le Petit Jaune train stations and cycle routes that took my fancy (old railway lines)

I have done this before and allowed access to change things, unfortunately someone did and destroyed the whole of Germany map, so it is available in a read only format.
This still allows you to click on the map and see what has been written and a link to google maps on most occasions.
There will be anomalies with the map eg. the disused railway line routes may not be entirely accurate but they are pretty dam close.
*Wild Swimming spots are from the "Wild Swimming in France" book, which is a stunning bible for everyone, not just wild swimmers and we have used it for 10 years to plot our holidays. If you decide to take a recommendation then ensure you purchase volume 2
Amazon product ASIN 191063624XThe map looks like this
1676904984033.png

1676905129639.png

If you are going to this area and would like access to be able to view and zoom in etc, bung me a PM and please dont ruin it.
If you feel you know, or found somewhere that might be worth adding then please bung me sufficient enough detail (co ordinates) to be able to add it.

Constructive criticism is always welcome from persons who are prepared to make a better map to share with me

Last edited:
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 70
Exp
I have created a map of the area loosely from Agde round to the border of Spain and roughly 100kms inland which is basically Pyrenees Orientales, Aude, Herault and a bit of Ariege.
It includes the majority of aires, some FP sites, (more to follow) Wild Swimming points*, Places of interest, Walks through gorges, Beaux Villages, Natural hot springs, Le Petit Jaune train stations and cycle routes that took my fancy (old railway lines)

I have done this before and allowed access to change things, unfortunately someone did and destroyed the whole of Germany map, so it is available in a read only format.
This still allows you to click on the map and see what has been written and a link to google maps on most occasions.
There will be anomalies with the map eg. the disused railway line routes may not be entirely accurate but they are pretty dam close.
*Wild Swimming spots are from the "Wild Swimming in France" book, which is a stunning bible for everyone, not just wild swimmers and we have used it for 10 years to plot our holidays. If you decide to take a recommendation then ensure you purchase volume 2
View attachment 718513
View attachment 718514

If you are going to this area and would like access, bung me a PM and please dont ruin it.
If you feel you know, or found somewhere that might be worth adding then please bung me sufficient enough detail (co ordinates) to be able to add it.

Constructive criticism is always welcome from persons who are prepared to make a better map to share with me
Hi this is my neck of the woods, especially the cycle path as I live in St Etienne d'Albagnan, I'll have a think about possible additions, and if you have any questions or what me to check anything out send me a message, is there somewhere to see the whole map, rather than the picture you have posted.
Dave

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Hi this is my neck of the woods, especially the cycle path as I live in St Etienne d'Albagnan, I'll have a think about possible additions, and if you have any questions or what me to check anything out send me a message, is there somewhere to see the whole map, rather than the picture you have posted.
Dave
Link incoming

And just checked out your location and your neck of the woods actually means your back garden !

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 2002
Exp
Newby to Motorhome but not to traveling, caravaning and camping
Hi I live down here in a village in the Corbières where we have just inaugurated a new VTT cycle route and walking routes. We are also just off the GR36.
We are just buying a camper van for the first time and could make use of your guide ourselves! Or if you need anything checked could do that too.
it’s a very good idea

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Hi I live down here in a village in the Corbières where we have just inaugurated a new VTT cycle route and walking routes. We are also just off the GR36.
We are just buying a camper van for the first time and could make use of your guide ourselves! Or if you need anything checked could do that too.
it’s a very good idea
I have a voie vert on the map close to you from Mirepoix to Lavelnet that nearly goes through your backyard which we intend to go on.

Unfortunately as a free member I cant send you a link to the map (I dont think) but i have tried. So hopefully you can fill your boots and we can get some local info !

Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
For those of you not in the know,

There is a purple star near Toulouse, where you need to make arrangements with yodeli prior to attending. It says so on the map !

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Vulture feeding and an alien portal have been added

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML-t 580 4x4
Exp
Getting there!
Great work Sir, I'm a big fan of that area, particularly dept 66. In fact I'm heading that way with my mountain bike in a couple of weeks just for a general bimble around.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Looks good a could be very useful, we’re heading over the end of April, we don’t know where too yet as we’ll check the weather first. A link would be useful if you don’t mind.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
suavecarve

Great idea Tom to create an escape map across France to the neutral country of Spain

..... Dick

Whatever happened to Harry?

::bigsmile: ::bigsmile: ::bigsmile: ::bigsmile: ::bigsmile:

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway
Exp
Since 2013

View attachment 718513
View attachment 718514

If you are going to this area and would like access to be able to view and zoom in etc, bung me a PM and please dont ruin it.

::bigsmile:

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
im a newbie

View attachment 718513
View attachment 718514

Hi
Excellent map . We are heading to France on the 11th and would appreciate being able to access it . Many thanks

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
1991 swift kontiki
Exp
4years
I have a voie vert on the map close to you from Mirepoix to Lavelnet that nearly goes through your backyard which we intend to go on.

Unfortunately as a free member I cant send you a link to the map (I dont think) but i have tried. So hopefully you can fill your boots and we can get some local info !

Cheers
We live about 5kms from this route near Belveze du Razes and have already cycled a lot of it. It is well made mostly tarmac with a few short stretches on the adjacent roads. It even has a few places with a tyre pump and water. There are many access points along the way, with parking as well..........hope this helps

Silew

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autocruise
Exp
Still Learning....

View attachment 718513
View attachment 718514

Looks like a great resource. I’d appreciate the link please.
Cheers

Billw

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2011
Looks like a great resource. I’d appreciate the link please.
Cheers
Looks really good. We will be in the area later this spring so a link would be great and will feed back when we use it
well done

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
1991 swift kontiki
Exp
4years
ashley 1340 yodeli Libellula Widge

Looks like we have quite a little community down there !
we've been here 23 years and love it, bought our '91 Kontiki in 2019 it was completely trashed, but during covid rebuilt all of it and now have lots of fun with it. It's great for towing our road legal Quad which gives us the flexibility to get about easily once parked up.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 70
Exp
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Eldest firestorm 130
Exp

View attachment 718513
View attachment 718514

Travelling that way mid.April .would appreciate a link to full map.Cheers.

mustangmike

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
burstner

View attachment 718513
View attachment 718514

This would be really helpful as we’re new to visiting France normally always continue South for winter sun🤷‍♂️.
Ta in advance
Mike

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
For those of you who found it useful, I have a less impressive map of Belgium available https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/belgium-map-created.278503/

There are a number of hidden gems on there (in my view) I havent bothered overloading it with aires and who knows if there are swimming spots in Belgium (we only go in March)

Same rules bung me a message and ask for Belgium map (or both) Still read only

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Would appreciate a link to the map, it is a lovely area.
Many thanks
Jay

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
For those with the map, could one of you take a look and see if there are a load more France Passion sites added. I got my FP book through this morning and have added the Aude region. I would just like to know if you lot can see them if you have already got the link.
One person reply with a YES will suffice (or No)
FOr those that dont know. FP is a system of free stopovers at vineyards etc if you buy the book which is about 20 euros a year I think.
There are numerous other threads about the pros and cons. I am just providing the locations BUT if you dont have an FP book/card then officially you shouldnt stay but each place may offer other alternatives like paying for a nights stay or just not bothering to check. DONT BLAME ME.
Herault and Pyrenees Orientale being added later

I should add, France Passion stops are purple flowers. so purple equals stopovers of some description. P for aire. flower for FP and if you click the actual icon it tells you what it is eg VIneyard or formagerie

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back