CRAZING (1 Viewer)

JaveaSteve

Free Member
Nov 8, 2017
Javea, Alicante, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium T70GE
Was washing the roof today and noticed the roof Crazing as shown in photo. Motorhome is only two years old but located in Spain so gets a lot of Sun. Is this crazing normal? Can it, Does it need repairing? Will it lead to possible future problems, ie: Water ingress?
Ps: What looks like Bubbling is water droplets.

Attachments

• IMG_4718.JPG
    IMG_4718.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 189

Brooster

Free Member
Jan 10, 2019
Funster No
The crazing is the result of stress fractures in the GRP.
It’s not unusual and shows quite often as a ‘spiders web’ pattern rather than your parallel lines.
I had mine repaired under warranty which is a quick process.
In fact I had two areas on the roof and one on the rear panel that I didn’t notice and were picked up on an annual service. I’d not spotted them.
My van was two years old at the time.
You can argue that over a very long time they could allow the ingress of water/damp and will need to be fixed.
Once your Moho has ‘settled’ from manufacturing to being used normally you shouldn’t get any more in the future.
Is your roof designed to be stood on? Some aren’t which could cause an issue. (Not suggesting you have btw)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
JaveaSteve

JaveaSteve

Free Member
Nov 8, 2017
Javea, Alicante, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium T70GE
Thank you Brooster. I've sent photos to "Hobby" who advised me to consult dealer. I had already sent them to dealer (Belt and Braces) who replied they have sent them to Manufacturer "Hobby". Now in Lock down so no immediate resolution likely. Have never been on the roof, bought extra tall step ladders so as to be able to reach all parts from sides and back.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Dec 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
That's very peculiar. I've never seen stress cracking follow that pattern. It looks more like some sort of mechanical damage to me. I'd be interested in the outcome after the dealer has looked at it.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back