Covid Pass for non EU Tourists, travelling from Scotland. (1 Viewer)

Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
Hoping to get over to France next weekend and was having a look to see about the covid qr code needed for the French app. We live in Scotland and aren't provided with a qr code at present only a letter with vaccination details. Found this french website where you can apply for one, a wee bit time consuming scanning and converting to pdf etc. but will hopefully provide the necessary code seeing that it seems more places require them for entry. It does state for anyone arriving before the 15th August at present but sent the email to see if they respond. Will keep posted for anyone in the same situation.
<Broken link removed>

OP
OP
dosser
Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
Wee update received my French covid pass this morning, happy days might not need it but a bit of piece of mind. My wife's still waiting on hers each individual has to submit a separate email with their details. 👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2015
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thanks for posting this we are currently pulling all the documents together ready to submit so it’s great to know that the process all works. 👍

OP
OP
dosser
Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
Thanks for posting this we are currently pulling all the documents together ready to submit so it’s great to know that the process all works. 👍
No bother my wifes still waiting on hers but she didn't submit hers till last night. Anything else just ask. 👍

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Wee update received my French covid pass this morning, happy days might not need it but a bit of piece of mind. My wife's still waiting on hers each individual has to submit a separate email with their details. 👍
makes you wonder why we should be at a disadvantage to other UK residents who can download a QR code with their vaccination status and yet we get a bit of A4 paper

OP
OP
dosser
Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
makes you wonder why we should be at a disadvantage to other UK residents who can download a QR code with their vaccination status and yet we get a bit of A4 paper
To be honest no getting into political nonsense but the paper copy might have been OK. Just thought I'd see getting the barcade for ease when we are over there. Chances are we will get the Barcodes sometime soon.

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
To be honest no getting into political nonsense but the paper copy might have been OK. Just thought I'd see getting the barcade for ease when we are over there. Chances are we will get the Barcodes sometime soon.
I'm not the most computer literate so I wouldn't know how to convert any document to PDF , we are leaving on the 28th and If they won't accept my paper certificate I'll just move on to somewhere else .

OP
OP
dosser
Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
I'm not the most computer literate so I wouldn't know how to convert any document to PDF , we are leaving on the 28th and If they won't accept my paper certificate I'll just move on to somewhere else .
It's really easy if you have a smartphone Adobe scan it's free and does it all for you. Yeah we we were the same just thought I give it a go. Enjoy 👍

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
I’ll give it a go
Is it a free app or paid for
I went via the NHS Scotland App and followed the link [using a flaky mobile data signal!] on Sunday to the NHS Covid Passport pages. Took 3 attempts to receive the security codes to confirm my personal data, but I have an electronic record of my COVID Jags and, as long as I log back into the App [28 or 31 day limit [?]], using my fingerprint to log on, there should be no problem [as long as my digit is not covered in grease, oil or some other viscous liquid such as Bio Liquid for the toilet cassette!]. Am I talking about the same documentation, or have I got the wrong end of the stick [again...]?

Steve

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
I went via the NHS Scotland App and followed the link [using a flaky mobile data signal!] on Sunday to the NHS Covid Passport pages. Took 3 attempts to receive the security codes to confirm my personal data, but I have an electronic record of my COVID Jags and, as long as I log back into the App [28 or 31 day limit [?]], using my fingerprint to log on, there should be no problem [as long as my digit is not covered in grease, oil or some other viscous liquid such as Bio Liquid for the toilet cassette!]. Am I talking about the same documentation, or have I got the wrong end of the stick [again...]?

Steve
I think you have request a hard copy if you want definitive proof of your vaccination status
At least that was the way I understood it and ours arrived within 5 days
I’ve since had them laminated to preserve them from getting dog eared .
But why we can’t we have a personal downloadable Covid status vaccination certificate like the rest of the U.K. beats me .
I’m going to try what Dosser has suggested

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
The advantage of the French issued one is it is acceptable in all EU countries, whereas the current 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 & NI QR codes are only accepted in some EU countries at present

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I'm not the most computer literate so I wouldn't know how to convert any document to PDF , we are leaving on the 28th and If they won't accept my paper certificate I'll just move on to somewhere else .u
I can't see why you would have a problem as the EU digital certificate is either on an app, but I do not know anyone who has it here in spain ,or an A4 paper copy ,which is what everyone I know uses if needed.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
I think you have request a hard copy if you want definitive proof of your vaccination status
At least that was the way I understood it and ours arrived within 5 days
I’ve since had them laminated to preserve them from getting dog eared .
But why we can’t we have a personal downloadable Covid status vaccination certificate like the rest of the U.K. beats me .
I’m going to try what Dosser has suggested
I seem to have received my electronic record of vaccination, cross referenced to my NHS Number, but it came via the main NHS website, rather than NHS Scotland. I'll have another dekko later [presently nursing my broken mobile phone along to get some 5k photos recovered via Bluetooth; watching paint dry would be a welcome diversion ...] to check whether I'm labouring under a delusion of adequacy, and I'll post a follow up. At current rates of data transfer, it is likely to be at least tomorrow!

Steve

OP
OP
dosser
Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
I can't see why you would have a problem as the EU digital certificate is either on an app, but I do not know anyone who has it here in spain ,or an A4 paper copy ,which is what everyone I know uses if needed.
Problem is we don't as yet get issued with a qr code on our paper copies in Scotland.

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
This is the 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 covid 💉 certificate - the small QR code on it is nothing to do with the 💉 status
5F37087C-31A8-4CD8-BBCE-FE7137252E20.jpeg

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
This is the 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 covid 💉 certificate - the small QR code on it is nothing to do with the 💉 status
View attachment 526109
That looks about identical to the electronic version I downloaded on Sunday. I'll need to check though after I've recovered my photos from my dying phone [the COVID Passport is on my new phone; I'm not as daft as I look ... But there again, that would stretch credibility a little too far ...] ;)

Steve

Aug 17, 2011
Wrexham
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Arapaho
Exp
since 2005
Taken from the previous post.

"People in Wales cannot use the NHS app to get their NHS COVID Pass and vaccination status.

You can get your vaccination status in paper format if 2 weeks have passed since you completed a full course of the COVID-19 vaccine."

Looks like we'll have to make do with the paper document for the time being.

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
Taken from the previous post.

"People in Wales cannot use the NHS app to get their NHS COVID Pass and vaccination status.

You can get your vaccination status in paper format if 2 weeks have passed since you completed a full course of the COVID-19 vaccine."

Looks like we'll have to make do with the paper document for the time being.
Ive got no interest in the Welsh position as it doesn’t affect me, however all i can say is @jonworth on twitter has apparently been tested the NHS Wales QR codes on EU covid apps. and the link i provided is from NHS Wales that says

“You can get a digital NHS COVID Pass if:

• you were vaccinated in Wales or England
  • you are aged 16 or over”

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2015
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
My understanding was that previously you could download your vaccination certificate from the NHS Scotland site but this was stopped after the BBC managed to download one and then alter the details due to inadequate security.
Also believe that a £600,000 contract has been awarded to a Danish company to develop a digital version with EU compliant QR code but can’t seem to find a delivery date for that hence my reason for asking the French government to help.

Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Look into ENTRUST the company looking to roll it out, they definitely will not get my money ever

Flying Fifer

Free Member
Apr 24, 2015
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
Renault Lunar H622
Exp
2014 (camper/ caravanner since 1990's)
Printed copy from NHS Scotland site easy enough. Good idea to laminate the print out

Gilkville

Free Member
Dec 29, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs A Class
Just completed the forms and emailed so we'll see how long it takes. Fairly straightforward although still took an hour or so to capture all the docs. Standard email reply through;
Dear Sir or Madam,

We inform you that we are currently receiving a very large number of requests.

We are doing our very best to process them. Please do not send your email again.

A negative result of an antigen test taken at a pharmacy, available all over France, grants the user a health pass that is valid for three days (72 hours).

Regards,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back