Courier recommendations please (1 Viewer)

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I normally use Interparcel as they use known big boy couriers but have better prices as they buy up their spare capacity.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
try posting on Shiply.com - they bid against each other so you can be sure of a competitive price !!! i have had lots of things picked up and delivered by insured couriers. you often get a better price if you are flexible about delivery dates as the independent couriers try to get full loads both ways and thereby cutting costs for everyone, take a look at shiply web site to see how it works and get some quotes/comparisons. you dont have to use any of the couriers even if you get a quote !

Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong
Parcel to go and interparcel is all I've used in the past. Pick the best option that suits you from the list of alternative couriers, next day, slow mail, registered etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Leakylunar
Jun 17, 2019
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
One a newbie
Thanks just tried parceltogo £30
Will try the others for comparison at dinner time , dont really have time at the moment to travel that far and back again(560 miles).

Deleted User
We've had good service from DPD.
Otherwise trawl the web as there are comparison sites for parcels.

OP
OP
Leakylunar
Jun 17, 2019
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
One a newbie
No not joking, never had a printer,
I’m tight, not paying £60-£80 in diesel if a courier can pick it up, had it been Summer I would have picked it up?

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
We find DPD very good and Hermes rubbish - but I know people in some other areas have the reverse experience. I guess local setups will vary.

Certainly worth comparing various sources - I recently sent a large box, above standard size, and Parcel2Go were way dearer to send via DPD than ordering directly from DPD website! (Even though P2Go normally seems to come in cheaper.)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Thanks just tried parceltogo £30
Will try the others for comparison at dinner time , dont really have time at the moment to travel that far and back again(560 miles).

this is going to be over 30kg I would guess, most firms will not even move it

but your maths are a bit out, if it is 220 miles away how can it be 560 mile round trip :unsure:

something we have done well out of is if you are going to a rally or meet, post on that rally thread that you would like something picking up, someone might be coming from that area and pick it up for you for the price of a decent bottle (y):giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back