Couple of Chausson Questions : Chausson 628 2018 Ford (1 Viewer)

Gixer

Free Member
Dec 16, 2018
South Wales
Funster No
MH
2018 Chausson EB
Exp
None
1: Can i get on the roof without damaging it [for cleaning etc]
2: I drained everything for the winter but forgot to photograph / record any of the pre-winter settings - can anyone tell me which way the switch / tap should be to refill my diesel heating, and whether to blue button should be pressed in [I think it was in] - see pic
3: Do I need to be on EHU to use the 12v sockets in the living / bedroom areas, I'm sure I read you have to be to use the 3 pin normal sockets.

Thanks guys

Attachments

• Heater Switch.jpg
    Heater Switch.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 14
Oct 25, 2014
N.E . Scotland
Funster No
MH
Chausson 717 GA
Exp
Since 2015
Hi
I have been on top of our Roof on a 717 2015 without any problem , if my memory is right turn top bit and push in button ,when you start to fill you soon hear the water under the van if it’s not in the correct orientation. The12volt sockets will work if you have the control panel switched on ,no need for ehu as long as you leisure battery is working fine

OP
OP
Gixer

Gixer

Free Member
Dec 16, 2018
South Wales
Funster No
MH
2018 Chausson EB
Exp
None
Thanks - I tested my 12v sockets using a USB Cigarette lighter thingy with a light - all worked but only briefly then stopped, I can't test the 3 pin sockets at the mo as MH in storage - is there a fuse for those 12 v sockets ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 25, 2014
N.E . Scotland
Funster No
MH
Chausson 717 GA
Exp
Since 2015
Yes ,Blade style fuse
Is the battery voltage ok 👇

Attachments

• EF68EE1E-5CF8-4A9A-91E7-6647BA0292DD.jpeg
    EF68EE1E-5CF8-4A9A-91E7-6647BA0292DD.jpeg
    592.3 KB · Views: 13
OP
OP
Gixer

Gixer

Free Member
Dec 16, 2018
South Wales
Funster No
MH
2018 Chausson EB
Exp
None
We’re the lights working ?
Yes but I didn't check them all, Battery fine [on Solar] - will look again when I next go up - thanks

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
1: Can i get on the roof without damaging it [for cleaning etc]
2: I drained everything for the winter but forgot to photograph / record any of the pre-winter settings - can anyone tell me which way the switch / tap should be to refill my diesel heating, and whether to blue button should be pressed in [I think it was in] - see pic
3: Do I need to be on EHU to use the 12v sockets in the living / bedroom areas, I'm sure I read you have to be to use the 3 pin normal sockets.

Thanks guys
1 Chausson show an advert of a MH with a car sat on the roof. However, some people say that by going on your roof you MAY induce leaks around the skylights. So yes it will support you, but do you NEED to go on it ?

2 ,Are you sure your diesel heating needs to be refilled ? Never heard of anyone draining the diesel heating system. The photo you should is the water drain tap. THAT should be put back to it's normal setting before refilling the tank with water. Are you going to use any cleaning product in your water system before this seasons use ?

3, The 12v sockets should certainly work when not on hook up, however I have found them to be a terrible fit for the 12v plugs, so if you plug something in it may appear not to be working just because the plug is not making a good connection, give the plug a few wiggles and hold it tight in.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I went on our Chaussons roof to fit the solar and clean it but was very careful to stay near the edges and near the roof lights. I would sooner have a slightly less clean roof than a really clean leaky one.

OP
OP
Gixer

Gixer

Free Member
Dec 16, 2018
South Wales
Funster No
MH
2018 Chausson EB
Exp
None
Thanks all - Sandancers - I will try jiggling 12v plug. I haven't used the MH yet, only bought in September 2020 then 'Boom' - so not sure about putting stuff in water system, wasn't planning on drinking it anyway.

OP
OP
Gixer

Gixer

Free Member
Dec 16, 2018
South Wales
Funster No
MH
2018 Chausson EB
Exp
None
Been up today - tried jiggling cigarette lighter thingy - no joy, I did notice 1 fuse blown [20A] but even after replacement, no joy - I think I heard a spark as I plugged in the USB Lighter thing - maybe I'll try inserting it before turning anything on. Main lights work but LED strips over bed / lounge table don't. Anyone got a clear understanding of which fuse covers what on the 628 ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back