costa cruises (1 Viewer)

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
Was going to go for a Costa coffee this morning but thought better of it just in case the roof fell in He He cheers Rod:ROFLMAO:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Or the coffee machine burst in to flames, flooded the place and floated out the door !

For those who do not know, ( and I doubt there can be many in that catagory, another Costa ship radio'd for help ( yesterday ? ) saying they had had a fire in the engine room and were drifting off the coast of Somali

The Costa Allegra lost power Monday after a fire in its generator room only six weeks after one of its sister ships, the Costa Concordia, hit a reef and capsized off Italy. No one was injured in the fire Monday, but the blaze set the cruiseliner adrift at sea in a region where Somali pirates prey on ships
( from the Time Web site )

There is an update..
A French fishing vessel on Tuesday began towing an Italian cruise ship drifting powerless in the Indian Ocean to a nearby Seychelles island, but was not expected to reach the tiny resort island until Wednesday, officials said
From the same source

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Not Costa Cruises year is it

Not Costa Cruises year is it.. have cruised on them many times, not the best or the worse.. but they do seem to be having an unlucky patch.

Think I will stay with Celebrity cruise (same over arching company owns them both).. but they operate under the US rules rather than the European..

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
I heard that what actually happened, was that the Costa Allegra was caught towing with an A frame, so the Indian Ocean Police, who are clamping down on such behaviour, just made them park up for the night as they had no spare driver (Schettino is busy elsewhere), but then several passengers were sadly gassed as they slept in the Indian Ocean layby.

However with their newly fitted 80W solar panel, they apparently have enough power for 1000 people for 14 days..... as long as they don't use the TV too much...

Now it's looking good as ADAC has sent out a recovery vehicle, cos they cover any size any where......

So........ just remember don't leave home without your breakdown insurance, you never know what might happen...... :thumb:

Callum

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back