Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner for Motorhome (1 Viewer)

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
Morning Funsters
Looking for any advice on a small, handheld , cordless and rechargeable vacuum cleaner suitable for use in the Motorhome to just keep the crumbs and a few dog hairs from a small dog at bay when we are out on our travels.
Any one got any recommendations, reviews, how long do they last before needing charging etc etc or 12v v 240v type?
Thanks.👍😁

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Morning Funsters
Looking for any advice on a small, handheld , cordless and rechargeable vacuum cleaner suitable for use in the Motorhome to just keep the crumbs and a few dog hairs from a small dog at bay when we are out on our travels.
Any one got any recommendations, reviews, how long do they last before needing charging etc etc or 12v v 240v type?
Thanks.👍😁
Morning Cap'n. :)

Rita loves her Vax Blade with all the accessories, which can also be used as an upright vacuum cleaner. It is quite powerful and will recharge from an inverter. (y)
Forgot to say that it lasts about 35 minutes on full power.

Cheers,

Jock.:)

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Broken Link Removed Have several models like this with different charging and battery options. Ours sits permantly in a locker on a 230vac charger. There is a 12vdc charger version too!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Our ancient Gtech does it for us ...
1622874813030.png

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Dustpan & brush that cost a Paaahnd or so.

On return home a going-over with the cordless Dyson (ancient DC44 but still going strong).

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
Our ancient Gtech does it for us ...
View attachment 503779
We haven’t finished our van yet, but I have the same Gtech multi (k9 version) at home, and it’s very good. I always do our stairs with it. It’s good for pet hairs. I think when we do finish the van I’ll be using a dustpan and brush whilst we are away and the gtech multi when we get home. A single charge lasts a long time, I’ve never timed it though. I’m sure I use it to do the stairs a few times before it needs charging.

Apr 30, 2020
Hartpury, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 796
Exp
We have a GTech Pro for the van. Only has 230Vac charger but then I don’t go away in the van to Hoover it. Gives us about 30minutes of use which is more than enough for a week away with a messy child and a wife who moults like a cat.
Only downside is that it uses a bag which is supposed to be single use but I empty them. Mustn’t grumble tho. It was a freebie care of their customer service department otherwise I would have gone for a bag less version.

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
We use one of these had it a couple of years now the wife loves it and we have 2 dogs

Broken Link Removed

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We have a Dyson Car & Boat it comes with a 22v & 230v chargers. Lasts about 30m & u min on boost, works well the carpet head has a motor driven brush.

Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Camping , caravanning, campervaning for 10 years
Another vote for the small Gtech as pictured above. I think right now you can get one with the car cleaning kit free direct from Gtech.... best we've found and my wife is almost obsessive about things underfoot in the van including me!

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I have a Gtech too, bought as a package with the AirRam at a very discounted price. Dount if I'll be taking it with us when we go (if we ever do) on proper holiday, but handy when we get home. Wiull be using mine today prepping for Peterborough!

Jul 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Husband fitted our old Dyson inside the wardrobe small hole through the side and its plugged in for charging

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Morning Funsters
Thanks.👍😁
We bought a cheapo mains hand held Princess 332757 Turbo Tiger Compact [about €35 in Spain in 2020] that weighs tons and creates enough noise to wake the dead but is very good at removing pet hair on our then 16 year old touring caravan that had matted dog hair from years ago! Princess fits into a shoebox and is robustly functional. We bought a Shark Cordless for the Flat and use it in m/home after each trip. It has 2 batteries that claim to give a total 80 mins running time, but real world use is about 1/2 that. It has 4 or 5 soft brush & crevice tool attachments that are ideal for keeping the cab area clear of the dust specks, and you could probably use the machine for about a week before the batteries needed EHU recharge [3 hours each battery but on mains, you can charge both batteries concurrently].

Steve

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Refurbished Shark for me. Folds nicely and came with pet head. The no hair wrap design actually works! Refurbisher provided 3 batteries too.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
That’s in sparkling condition for an ancient machine. Not used much?
😁
Ah! you got me banged to rights there :ROFLMAO: I used a Google image 'cos I couldn't be bothered to take a picture of our old one.

Astro

Free Member
Jul 17, 2016
North Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago I143
Exp
I'm keeping that. It'll be handy even if I never use it.
I have an Erbauer cordless vacuum from Screwfix for our motorhome. It uses the same battery as their cordless tools which I have a couple of which saved a bunch not needing another battery and charger.
Very pleased with the suctionability 😀

OP
OP
Captain Yoghurtpot
Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
We bought a cheapo mains hand held Princess 332757 Turbo Tiger Compact [about €35 in Spain in 2020] that weighs tons and creates enough noise to wake the dead but is very good at removing pet hair on our then 16 year old touring caravan that had matted dog hair from years ago! Princess fits into a shoebox and is robustly functional. We bought a Shark Cordless for the Flat and use it in m/home after each trip. It has 2 batteries that claim to give a total 80 mins running time, but real world use is about 1/2 that. It has 4 or 5 soft brush & crevice tool attachments that are ideal for keeping the cab area clear of the dust specks, and you could probably use the machine for about a week before the batteries needed EHU recharge [3 hours each battery but on mains, you can charge both batteries concurrently].

Steve
Thanks Steve
Which Shark model, please?
😊

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Thanks Steve
Which Shark model, please?
😊
It was a Black Friday Deal Pet Hair Technology Shark IZ251UK Anti Hair Wrap Cordless Vacuum Cleaner with Dual Battery. We also bought a spare set of Filters so that 1 set can be air drying for a couple of days [best to change them about 4 weekly, but I haven't done so for about 3 months; oops!] Much more efficient with clean filters bit does soldier on, even when lacking tlc ...

People have commented that the dust bucket is tiddly. It IS quite small, but it does lift an awful lot of grit and dust [we are 100 metres from the Firth of Forth and the sand and dust from the beach blows across the Links and into the porch and hall within minutes of cleaning. 'Painting the Forth Bridge' springs to mind, so I see the efficiency of grit and dust collection as a positive!] each time it is used. Even when the carpet looks clean [new installation in December 2020], you can still hear the particles ping through the pipes!

Steve

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
Got an old Dyson DC35 that we used in the house for years, its now been retired to the van. We got a 12v adaptor for charging, not sure if you can get them anymore.

IMG_20210605_114603543.jpg

Pete

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
A gtech hand held donated to us after the upright was binned after 2 rebuilds.
Good charge time. Generaly Only charge at home (240v) but works on msv inverter. (CHEAP one from toolststion)
Does the job a treat. The powered attachment is the dogs. (Swmbo)
Much much much better than a cheap 12v hoover. (Little h).
gtech-hoover.jpg
The long stick attachment has to be stored outside the box.

Edit also have the dustpan and brush.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I have a belray cheap and easy £30.00 from original factory shop does the job

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Got an old Dyson DC35 that we used in the house for years, its now been retired to the van. We got a 12v adaptor for charging, not sure if you can get them anymore.

View attachment 503859

Pete
That's ours but with the "Animal" attachment.

Best thing we've found is a "rub" over with one of these on your hand https://www.toolstation.com/criss-cross-gloves/p83943 (note they come both right and left handed to be politically correct! :whistle2:) to pick up the majority as our mutt sheds like there's no tomorrow and fills up the thing about three or four times!

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
We’ve got one I don’t know what it is but it lives on charge off an inverter fixed in the cupboard. Works well enough.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back