Copenhagen to Stockholm route (1 Viewer)

May 19, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
6 years
Interested in the route people take - across country or by coast route? Has nayone done the coast route? I would assume it is the mor scenic of the two.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Yes, we did the coastal route last year, plenty of Aires free parking and campsites (for which you have to buy a local Scandinavian camping card) just keep an eye out along the route for the clutch of Swedish vans parked up for the best free places. Malmo bridge is a great (but costly if you are long) experience :D

Copenhagen is my favourite European city, and the Danes the nicest people to meet in Europe (y) Hopefully the moho city camp is still there as the owner was ill last year. It will be busy if you go in season so book ahead!

We came back via the ferry from Gothenburg to the North tip of Denmark. Which was probably not that much more than driving south and going over the Malmo bridge again.

We had no real problems doing loads of wild camping round Sweden apart from the night we unknowingly stopped at a designated parking space near a refugee centre. (Gangs of youths shouting and roaming around late into the night). In Stockholm the moho city camp is near the metro and a nice park but also an elevated road which can be a bit noisy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lizi
May 19, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
6 years
Sounds great. As long as our motorhome is fixed in time!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
I take it you are staying in City Camp at Copenhagen? So maybe decide on which way you are crossing to Sweden then that will help to decide your route?
You can take the bridge - or you can drive up and use the ferries Helsingborg/Helsingor - going accross all the time and good value -just turn up - your route is then pretty much decided

Apr 2, 2017
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 5009
Exp
Since 2010
We took the ferry from Helsingborg cost us £90 but the bridge would have cost the same, instead of stopping in the city camp at Copenhagen (€30) we stopped at DCU Absalon (€23) it was much nicer with fantastic facilities the train is a 10min walk
In Stockholm we stayed on the Strandvägen it's mixed parking buy only cost €7.50 get there early and your get a place
Check out our blog page for any more info we've just done 3mths in Scandinavia
Thepoutscampervantravels.com

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back