Free Member
May 23, 2009
stokesley north yorks
Funster No
MH
georgetown
Exp
since 2009
Hi everyone, can anyone help? I am told you can buy a coverter plug to change the americam 6 flat pin towing socket to uk spec, has anyone any idea if this is correct and if so where to buy. Best regards Len

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Sorry to have to tell you but it cant be done because of the way USA rear lights are wired (ie the indicatiors flash with the tail lights and brake lights). :cry:

I assume the rear lights have been converted to UK spec (independant yellow indicators and brake lights??) :winky:

If so the hard work has already been done and all you need to do it tap into the wiring going into the light clusters at the rear of the vehicle. :thumb:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Can you not re-wire it with a UK plug? May be easier.

I had a look online, and most importers are selling new towing cabling/socket, rather than a converter.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
As Dazzer said, it's the stop/indicator function that's the problem, ie indicators on, stop lamp flashes so you have to rewire independantly, ie from the lights assuming the tow vehicle has already been rewired. You can take some of the outputs from the US tow socket if you want but as said not the stop and indicators.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back