Constant buzzing in cab of Ducato 2008 Ci Mizar (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2022
Rossendale, UK
Funster No
MH
buying next year
hello everyone ,I’m at my wits end ! I’ve bought a new to me 2008 Ducato 130 CI mizar motorhome , with an after market alarm. The buzzing noise is constant , I’ve checked everything, door contacts, hab step (there isn’t one) everything works fine, drives well etc, I’ve traced the fuse to the radio/windows/alarm so can pull this but non of these will work . Trouble is the tone of the buzzing seems like it’s coming from the cab but my ears can’t seem to locate it. I’ve fitted a new radio so had 1/2 the dash out and couldn’t find anything , I’ve disconnected the battery for an hour, also the alarm siren and still no joy. I’m ready to throw the towel in and get an auto electrician involved but don’t want to admit defeat! I’m really hoping someone has had this issue and knows what it is ;)
thanks in advance
anthony

Feb 12, 2023
Merthyr Tydfil, UK
Funster No
MH
Giottivan
Exp
hello everyone ,I’m at my wits end ! I’ve bought a new to me 2008 Ducato 130 CI mizar motorhome , with an after market alarm. The buzzing noise is constant , I’ve checked everything, door contacts, hab step (there isn’t one) everything works fine, drives well etc, I’ve traced the fuse to the radio/windows/alarm so can pull this but non of these will work . Trouble is the tone of the buzzing seems like it’s coming from the cab but my ears can’t seem to locate it. I’ve fitted a new radio so had 1/2 the dash out and couldn’t find anything , I’ve disconnected the battery for an hour, also the alarm siren and still no joy. I’m ready to throw the towel in and get an auto electrician involved but don’t want to admit defeat! I’m really hoping someone has had this issue and knows what it is ;)
thanks in advance
anthony
Yep I had the same problem and couldn't work out where it was coming from. It actually sounded like it was overhead. It was the step alarm positioned under the drivers seat.
I snipped the wires until I can get it fixed under warranty.

Upvote 0

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
We had a similar sound and it turned out to be the control box for the towbar. The reversing sensor had a short in it. Took me ages to find it as I could not pinpoint it. Maybe it's that.

Upvote 0
Mar 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
thanks in advance
anthony
Ours was a sensor needing new batteries

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
We had a 2008 CI Mizar with the same problem it was one of the rear garage door sensors, it didn't quite hit the 'off' switch, our solution was to tape a plastic milk bottle top over the off switch. Only happened aftr the door had been off for something

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back