Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi, can anyone help?

I have used Tom Tom to plan a route to Dover and it comes up with 'congestion charge' Does this just mean the Dartford Tunnel, or will the route drift into the London congestion charge zone. I have looked at the Michelin route and that does not mention anything other than the Dartfold Tunnel charge.

We haven't been to London in years so are unsure whether to put 'avoid' or not. If it is just the Dartford Tunnel then we dont want to avoid that.

Mike and Ginny

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Teasy

The Congestion Charge applies to an area within central London(see link). If you are travelling around the M25 you should not be anywhere near it. There is a charge for the Dartford crossing though.

<Congestion charge zone>

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Our Tom Tom comes up with "toll charge" rather than "congestion charge" when we plan a route to Kent etc - that just means the Dartford Crossing.

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Beachbum

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Hamburg / Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
40 Years
Hi, can anyone help?

I have used Tom Tom to plan a route to Dover and it comes up with 'congestion charge' Does this just mean the Dartford Tunnel, or will the route drift into the London congestion charge zone. I have looked at the Michelin route and that does not mention anything other than the Dartfold Tunnel charge.

We haven't been to London in years so are unsure whether to put 'avoid' or not. If it is just the Dartford Tunnel then we dont want to avoid that.

Mike and Ginny

Hi Mike & Ginny, Coming from Yorkshire, all you pay is the toll charge at the Dartford tunnel. From your direction you will not go through the tunnel but over the Queen Elizabeth bridge.

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
I don't think the big sign which sits either on the M1 before the M25 or on the M25 when going South ( Can't remember ) makes you think you are about to enter the Congestion charge on those roads, when in fact you are not.

David

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
Hi Mike & Ginny, Coming from Yorkshire, all you pay is the toll charge at the Dartford tunnel. From your direction you will not go through the tunnel but over the Queen Elizabeth bridge.

You still pay for the Bridge once you have gone over it.

David

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Sorry if I'm stating the obvious but have you turned tolls off? It's perfectly feasible that it would route you through the Blackwall tunnel inside the congestion zone to avoid the Dartford tunnel/QE2 bridge.
Regards
Doug

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back