Compass Calypso Drinks Cabinet upgrade (Blue Peter Style) (1 Viewer)

May 16, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
VW T4 Compass Calypso
Exp
Since 2007
Hi All,
Decided I had enough of stepping over cases of beer stacked up in the shower tray so set about converting the built in drinks cabinet in one of the overhead side lockers.

First job was to strip out the old dark red plastic mouldings that used to hold 4 wine glasses and bottles.
IMG_5600.JPG

Next, I cut up a length of drainpipe, glued it all together with a glue-gun, added a plinth at the front and created these along with a base plate for glass holders.

IMG_5621.JPG

IMG_5626.JPG

Used P38 filler to smooth off the front edges of the tubes and the sides.

Used a Glue gun to attach small lengths of tube to the base plate .

Finished by covering any showing parts with felt. Covered the cardboard tubes (glass holders & Asti bottle holder) with felt.

Lined back wall of cupboard with an off-cut of grey bathroom carpet, then placed inserts into cupboard.

Replaced old dim bulb with a LED strip, and a plywood panel over the sides of the tubes to tidy it all up.

Now I have this. It hold 14 x 330ml bottles, 3 x 568ml bottles, 1 x 750ml bottle and 4 x tumbler glasses.

Cost is around £20 and a few hours doing something useful instead of sat in front of box!!

IMG_5630.JPG

IMG_5629.JPG

Enjoy!

Andy

Attachments

• IMG_5600.JPG
    IMG_5600.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 16
OP
OP
Calypso a go go
May 16, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
VW T4 Compass Calypso
Exp
Since 2007
must admit I did give that a moments thought , but would have been overkill as I have already got a fridge .

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Love it ... if you hadn't said what you were doing I'd have though you were building something to fire nuclear missiles!!! :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back