Comfort ins Breakdown cover (1 Viewer)

Jul 30, 2015
Barnsley, South Yorks
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail, Tracker FB
Exp
45 yrs Tugging
as any member had cause to use Comfort ins Breakdown / Repatriation cover which is run through Das legal etc and I now read via the AA ???.
Please tell me how you got along with it is £5000 enough for Repatriation from say Spain.
Our renewal notice has come it is only £7 more than last year making it £336 no complaints there.
but need to get advice on the Breakdown cover which is £65.
any help with the above questions will be greatly appreciated.
cheers Cliff

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
Hi Cliff,
I had cause to use Comfort's cover in October 2015, when the cover limit was £3,000, and we might have needed repatriation from just south of Bordeaux.

The really important lesson I learned was that the repatriation limit was actually an incident limit. In my case, when discussing repatriation costs with Comfort, I was told that the costs for initial breakdown response, car hire and temporary campsite fees had already been deducted from the £3,000 limit. In the end, I repaired the air suspension myself and didn't need repatriation, so I can't comment on how that went.

I don't know whether £5,000 is enough, or whether the same terms still apply, but it's worth a discussion with potential insurers.

Stephen

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The breakdown insurance policy available with our new insurer costs £99 and has a total limit of £15,000 for the insurance period, no limit set on repatriation specifically.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
The breakdown insurance policy available with our new insurer costs £99 and has a total limit of £15,000 for the insurance period, no limit set on repatriation specifically.
Hi Minxy Girl,

I'm on the hunt for new breakdown cover - would you be kind enough to supply some details of the insurer and breakdown cover, please? I've just cancelled ADAC following their restriction of cover to German residents (which I was told was because they were being pressurised by other European clubs for nicking their business!) Thanks, Stephen

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
If it helps, I chose to get my van repatriated from Alicante to the UK last summer, after it was left stranded by the pandemic (our flight to collect it cancelled and little opportunity for travel at the time).

It came on the back of a huge transporter designed for extra large vehicles and I paid £1,995 + vat. Presume contract price to a breakdown company might be less? Certainly not more.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
minxy who are you using thanks
Lifesure - I did a comparison via Asda Money and Lifesure came up £92 cheaper than our existing insurer (A-Plan) and even more than that for other providers for exactly the same cover we already have, they are underwritten by Ageas which is used by more well knowns insurance providers.

They may not come up as the cheapest for you as it's dependent on postcode etc but certainly worth having a shuftie - I did a thread about it all here:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Hi Minxy Girl,

I'm on the hunt for new breakdown cover - would you be kind enough to supply some details of the insurer and breakdown cover, please? I've just cancelled ADAC following their restriction of cover to German residents (which I was told was because they were being pressurised by other European clubs for nicking their business!) Thanks, Stephen
I've attached pdfs of the breakdown and insurance cover - we have a £400 excess for most stuff and £75 for windscreen replacement, 5000 miles PA.

Attachments

• Policy Insurance Product Information Document.PDF
    148.5 KB · Views: 40
  • Optional Extra Insurance Product Information Document.PDF
    310 KB · Views: 16
Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
thanks minxy

OP
OP
L
Jul 30, 2015
Barnsley, South Yorks
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail, Tracker FB
Exp
45 yrs Tugging
Thanks for the info have now renewed with Comfort including breakdown +8000 miles
for £400 happy with price will see how breakdown goes hope we don’t need it.
Cheers Cliff

Morf

Free Member
Aug 21, 2021
Funster No
MH
Kon-tiki
If it helps, I chose to get my van repatriated from Alicante to the UK last summer, after it was left stranded by the pandemic (our flight to collect it cancelled and little opportunity for travel at the time).

It came on the back of a huge transporter designed for extra large vehicles and I paid £1,995 + vat. Presume contract price to a breakdown company might be less? Certainly not more.
Very helpful thanks. I've been searching to get a ball park figure just to satisfy myself that Comfort's £5000 limit was suffiecient. Seems to be enough - ther ot thereabouts

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back