Collapsible watering can improvement (1 Viewer)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Before our last trip I decided I might just have room to carry one of the Collapz brand collapsible watering cans in addition to the collapsible bucket which I have found invaluable.

However I found the spout a little short and slightly at the wrong angle to get an easy fill in the fresh water tank. Now home I have bought 1/3 metre of food grade 16mm pipe from our local aquatics centre.

This soft pipe pushes on tight and secure and makes pouring into the side of the van much easier. The added advantage is that you can fill the can to the top without it sloshing out of the spout.

Ok so when not in use I cannot put the spout neatly back in its special housing but I keep the folded can in a poly bag anyway and the extended spout easily fits in the bag.

7B342045-6201-4F55-ADE7-8F587AD5AB32.jpeg

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Before our last trip I decided I might just have room to carry one of the Collapz brand collapsible watering cans in addition to the collapsible bucket which I have found invaluable.

However I found the spout a little short and slightly at the wrong angle to get an easy fill in the fresh water tank. Now home I have bought 1/3 metre of food grade 16mm pipe from our local aquatics centre.

This soft pipe pushes on tight and secure and makes pouring into the side of the van much easier. The added advantage is that you can fill the can to the top without it sloshing out of the spout.

Ok so when not in use I cannot put the spout neatly back in its special housing but I keep the folded can in a poly bag anyway and the extended spout easily fits in the bag.

View attachment 317714

Snap! :) me too.

Mar 22, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail V line 635se
Exp
Caravanner since 1993
Snap exactly the problem we had. Looking at the photo have you pushed the pipe over the colapz spout right down to the base of the spout? Does it work pushing it over a bit of the end of the spout and having an umbilical cord of a pipe/spout. PS thanks for posting

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Snap exactly the problem we had. Looking at the photo have you pushed the pipe over the colapz spout right down to the base of the spout? Does it work pushing it over a bit of the end of the spout and having an umbilical cord of a pipe/spout. PS thanks for posting
The 16mm pipe I bought is nice and soft and pushes down about 1/2 inch past the narrow cylindrical end and onto the shaped section making it nice and secure. I think it would go a bit further if I used a bit of heat to make it even more malleable. Don’t want to lose it down the filler pipe into the tank !

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
The 16mm pipe I bought is nice and soft and pushes down about 1/2 inch past the narrow cylindrical end and onto the shaped section making it nice and secure. I think it would go a bit further if I used a bit of heat to make it even more malleable. Don’t want to lose it down the filler pipe into the tank !

As you know, it's best to put the end of any plastic pipe into very hot water to soften it, not direct flame heat. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
If it was available in red I might buy one. Only available in green, blue, or grey, although I have seen a pic of a red one so maybe that colour was discontinued. The other drawback is the 9 litre capacity (7 in watering can mode).

At least my 10 litre rigid plastic can makes it easy to calculate the amount of water I need. The Rapido instructions say only 50 litres should be carried in the tank when travelling. In other words exactly 5 watering canfulls. 7 and a bit if Collapz was used.

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun