Co pilot discount (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
dont have this myself so don't know why iv had an email about it , but know some of you on here are interested in it, says at the moment it's got 30% discount looks to be around £23 depending what you are downloading to, don't know if it's a bargain or not as I don't want or need it, just giving a heads up to anyone who might:xThumb:

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
So, they are offering 30% discount, sounds good, but just how Funster Good is this system? I have read on Play store some fairly Negative reports, there is a responsive back up service for minor problems, I am looking to improve/add too, my tired Tom Tom, shall I splash out £23 for this APP and install on my Asus Tablet?? Would you?

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Have used CoPilot for last couple of years, same for me, works well.

Rob

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Also use Co-Pilot.. bought it rather than a new stand alone sat nav.. the old TT One XL had served me well.. but at 7 years old it was due for retirement..

I like using my phone as a sat nav as I can search on Google for whatever I'm looking for, then press 'navigate'.. I can then choose 'use Co-Piolt or Google maps which also works well .. I prefer Co-pilot as it has live traffic updates and navigation around traffic jams..

Unless you can sit it on the dash.. buying a good quality windscreen holder is vital.. I use a Galaxy S3, tried several generic car holders for it which were useless , almost gave up on it until last week when I bought the Samsung offering, and it's really good, well made and the phone doesn't shake .. easy to use and looks good

I think stand alone sat navs have almost had their day.. I believe sales are falling, hence all the deals and on them..

meant to say I also tried it on my Galaxy Tablet .. so you only need to buy one licence .

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
dont have this myself so don't know why iv had an email about it , but know some of you on here are interested in it, says at the moment it's got 30% discount looks to be around £23 depending what you are downloading to, don't know if it's a bargain or not as I don't want or need it, just giving a heads up to anyone who might:xThumb:

Problem is, as of 30th December Microsoft have pulled the plug now no longer available thats why its being discounted ...sad day:(:(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Problem is, as of 30th December Microsoft have pulled the plug now no longer available thats why its being discounted ...sad day:(:(

didn't know that Microsoft owned Co-pilot ??

CoPilot navigation is developed by ALK Technologies, a software developer headquartered in Princeton, New Jersey, USA, originally founded in 1979.

are you getting mixed up with Autoroute ?

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Rats! Discounted eh? I paid 34 quid for mine a few months ago :-(

I've got mine installed on an iPad Mini. Works well and (excluding cheapo Chinese navs) is infinitely cheaper than paying up to £300 for a trucker's SatNav. Have the versatility to use just the iPad too.

Got a multi-positional suction mount that sits nicely between windscreen and dash. Looks the dog's genitalia!

Because my iPad is a Wi-Fi only type, I slave it to a garmin sat receiver.

Great price though; can't go wrong with 23 quid!

Steveboy

Free Member
Oct 13, 2011
Wherever my wheels stop.
Funster No
MH
Rapido 972M
Exp
Fulltime since 2011
Co pilot is good. Beware phone storage though as it will not store maps or work from an sd card memory.
I also use Navigator. That works from sd card and is also good but not quite so slick as Co Pilot.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

JonMac46

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
Limerick, Ireland
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2013
CoPilot does store the map you download so you can use it without internet access. I've used it for about 10 years.

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
didn't know that Microsoft owned Co-pilot ??

CoPilot navigation is developed by ALK Technologies, a software developer headquartered in Princeton, New Jersey, USA, originally founded in 1979.

are you getting mixed up with Autoroute ?
May well be, only telling the tale as told to me(n)

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
We use Co-Pilot, and find it excellent.
CoPilot is nothing to do with Microshaft - thank god !

Steveboy

Free Member
Oct 13, 2011
Wherever my wheels stop.
Funster No
MH
Rapido 972M
Exp
Fulltime since 2011
Reply to John Mac.
you're right John, stores in the phones memory but not on sd card.
Jim - thanks for link. I'll try that.

Steveboy

Free Member
Oct 13, 2011
Wherever my wheels stop.
Funster No
MH
Rapido 972M
Exp
Fulltime since 2011
Well whaddya know!! Followed Jims link .... led me to an uninstall/install where I find Co Pilot now allows storage of maps on an external sd card. For me and my HTC 610 phone with only 8gb of internal memory, where most is taken up by Google rubbish, this was essential. Lack of it forced me to use Navigator. This was good but I missed the superior customisation of Co Pilot. I am now a happy man.

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
I didn't know that.. learn something new every day ... but it's not been an issue on my S3 Galaxy which has 16gb memory.. I have installed all the Europe maps and still got about 1.6 gb left

I did a search and found this workaround to get the maps onto an SD card ..http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=43114162&postcount=1
No need, recent update allows maps to be download direct to sdcard now:)
edit..on the android version that is...no idea about ios!!!

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
No need, recent update allows maps to be download direct to sdcard now:)
edit..on the android version that is...no idea about ios!!!
IOS devices don't have (micro)SD cards / "external" memory - so you're stuck with using the "internal" memory

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Also use Co-Pilot.. bought it rather than a new stand alone sat nav.. the old TT One XL had served me well.. but at 7 years old it was due for retirement..
I like using my phone as a sat nav as I can search on Google for whatever I'm looking for, then press 'navigate'.. I can then choose 'use Co-Piolt or Google maps which also works well .. I prefer Co-pilot as it has live traffic updates and navigation around traffic jams..
Unless you can sit it on the dash.. buying a good quality windscreen holder is vital.. I use a Galaxy S3, tried several generic car holders for it which were useless , almost gave up on it until last week when I bought the Samsung offering, and it's really good, well made and the phone doesn't shake .. easy to use and looks good
I think stand alone sat navs have almost had their day.. I believe sales are falling, hence all the deals and on them..
meant to say I also tried it on my Galaxy Tablet .. so you only need to buy one licence .

Just considering whether to buy new sat nav or download 'something' to an android tablet or Mrs BB ipad mini. Great info Jim but bear with me please if these are dumb questions. Firstly, can you use it to plan routes offline? When navigating does it work directly from the satellite like a 'sat nav' proper? What's the battery life on your Galaxy when using Co-pilot?
All responses welcomed.

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Just considering whether to buy new sat nav or download 'something' to an android tablet or Mrs BB ipad mini. Great info Jim but bear with me please if these are dumb questions. Firstly, can you use it to plan routes offline? When navigating does it work directly from the satellite like a 'sat nav' proper? What's the battery life on your Galaxy when using Co-pilot?
All responses welcomed.
Yes to all...battery life, best to keep it plugged in!!
you can also download a free version of copilot, the paid version gives you 3d view, much better voice features , worth having a look first to see if you like it.

Paid version is definatley worth the dosh though!!

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Yes to all...battery life, best to keep it plugged in!!
you can also download a free version of copilot, the paid version gives you 3d view, much better voice features , worth having a look first to see if you like it.

Paid version is definatley worth the dosh though!!

Cheers for that bungy, I'll take your advice but put the freebee on the Mrs iPad first. (y)(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back